Has anyone found a way to charge their Pearl 8100 via USB from a linux box? Is it simply a driver issue? When I plug it in, I get the message on my BB: "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed" Howerver the little "charging" icon is displayed on the phone. Surely there's something out there for this by now?
    02-01-08 08:16 PM
    You must download and run
    Code:
    bcharge

Download "barry" which contains bcharge from SourceForge dot net.
    I'd link it but I'm not allowed to post URL's yet.

There is information on the web about various distributions of linux for having this run automatically with dbus when you plug it in.
    02-01-08 08:52 PM
    I went to SourceForge.net and did a search for Barry. I'm running Mint Linux Daryna which is basically the same as Ubuntu.

Here is what I downloaded and installed......

SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

The second one will have bcharge included.
    02-02-08 11:40 AM
    Thanks for the info. I cant get them to install. barry-util and barrybackup-gui complain that libbarry is unsatisifiable; libbarry-dev and libopensync-plugin complain about lib6c. i tied a re-install of lib6c but it didn't help. any ideas?
    02-23-08 08:35 PM
    I'm using LinuxMint 3.1 - Celena. Am I SOL?
    02-23-08 08:40 PM
    If you're using Ubuntu, I believe they were available from the repositories, try doing a search in your distro's repositories. After installing the required libraries and files, I could use mass storage and charge immediately, which is really all I need. Always nice to manage my mp3 and wallpaper collection on the Pearl with my Linux system. I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10.
    02-24-08 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD