Is there something that has the same functionality as Connectify, but is less buggy?

I want to use my wireless card to broadcast wireless internet to my cell phone (blackberry pearl 8220), but connectify is really unstable.

I would use an ad-hoc network, but the blackberry cannot seem to detect that.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    05-14-10 06:26 AM
    This was not the right place to ask but I would try setting up the wireless hotspot manually.

If you are running Win7 (or possibly vista?) and your wireless card drivers are current (certified by MS to use this feature) and you can see a network adapter that has (Virtual) at the end of its name in "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings" than you should try executing these two commands in an elevated command prompt:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=test1234 key=test1234 keyUsage=temporary mode=allow

netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    ssid is the name of the network and key is your "password". On reboot you have to reenter this.

As a side note, if you have an Intel card (5100 or later) you may want to use the Intel MyWiFi - see Intel My WiFi Technology (Intel MWT) — How to install Intel My WiFi Technology (Intel MWT)

As far as my research on connectify, the program seems to either use the above method or create ad-hoc network if the wireless card or drivers do not support the virtual wifi feature.
    Last edited by vsinc; 05-23-10 at 11:22 PM.
    05-23-10 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD