Ok, I have done searches and still have a couple of questions. I love my 8130 and have it tweaked to just about perfect. I use my BB for both personal and business uses, but I'm definitely more on the consumer end. . .so I like extra goodies and apps on my phone.

1. I am running at about 10-12 megs free memory on a pretty consistent basis. . .I do a battery pull about every 3-4 days and have yet to lose any data. I know that some people are running 20+, but I guess I don't understand the quest for infinite memory if you have to remove the fun stuff to acquire it. I am running all of the basic apps that came on my VZW 8130 but took off BB Maps (useless for VZW), the default video thing, clear my cache and cookies once in a while, and that's about it. I am running the following 3rd party apps:Gmail, Google Maps (great for a quick search. . .love the interface), facebook, viigo, VZ navigator (called and bi*ched about not being able to use my gps with google maps and told them to cancel my contract so I could go to ATT. . .free VZ navigator for the remainder of contract), monopoly, and sudoku games. I don't really want to remove the "stock pictures". . .I like the froggie. . .haha. Any other things to pull off besides the pics or ringtones to free up space?

2. I use a 6gig memory card. I have a bunch of music on it as well as my photos that I take with my phone. I was taking video of my dogs and could not find a menu to save them to the memory card anywhere, but when I remove the card, they don't show up on my device. . .I'm assuming this means that they are saved to the card by default. . .right?

3. No lens cover on the camera aperture. Why BB, why? Any ideas of something to use to put over it to keep dust off of the lens? Like a thin plastic or something to glue over it under the battery door. . .just don't know what. I haven't found anything that was a spectacular idea and wanted to get ideas from others before krazy gluing my beloved bb. I have a pink pearl and I haven't found pink replacement doors on any of the websites in case I F it up. . .or they need to surgically unstick it from my flesh due to a blonde using crazy glue. (pre med, but still blonde sometimes)

4. Does anyone know of a holder/charger for the car to beautifully display my BB when I'm using Navigator? I've searched everywhere. . .I found the one that sticks out of the cigarette lighter thingy that I like, but is there one on the market that also charges with this design? I don't mind hard wiring it in as long as I don't have to drill my dashboard. I drive an '06 Corolla and can't seem to find a mount that charges without having to still run a cord down my console to the cigarette plug. . .and it would have to go straight down the middle of the cd player and everything. lame. Even if I resorted to one that does not charge, the little arms that hug the Pearl look like they would hit the side keys and I've read this on many reviews as well, any suggestions on a brand that works well?

5. sorry about all of the questions in one post. . .I lose things on this forum very easily and it's easier if they are in one place when I come back. . .thanks in advance for any help with this thread!
    04-15-08 01:56 PM
    I was having memory probs too. It was saying that I'd used all my application memory, but I had hardly any apps. Then I found a software update on the Verizon website (http: // vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/) and my memory is around 22megs now. Hopefully that's a little helpful?...
    ps- i had to post the verizon web link with a lot of spaces since i don't have enough posts to put links up...
    04-15-08 06:23 PM
    You can remove languages you dont use.
    04-15-08 06:26 PM
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that - I did also delete alot of extra languages/apps/etc that I don't use. Not sure if that was the fix, but it certainly can't hurt.
    04-15-08 06:38 PM
    You can also remove the sample videos that come with your BB.

MOREOLESS welcome to CB.
    04-15-08 06:51 PM
    For the lens, I used a clear piece of scotch tape on the battery door cover on the outside.. worked like a charm and no difference in picture quality..
    04-15-08 08:08 PM
    For the lens, I used a clear piece of scotch tape on the battery door cover on the outside.. worked like a charm and no difference in picture quality..
    never thought of that, good idea!

oh and ps.
    WELCOME TO CB!
    04-15-08 08:17 PM
    Do you have themes you don't use that you can take off? I went through that memory free post thing and dumped the themes. Keep it simple on that more room for fun

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 08:22 PM
    i deleted help off of my device and saved it to my desktop! frees up lots of memory!!
    04-15-08 09:12 PM
    If you are not doing it already, you can clear your event log periodically. After a month or so, it will build up to 1mg or more depending on your use. To access it, hold down the Alt key and type LGLG. Press the menu key for your options.

Check the memory status before you clear it to see how much it cleared up.

As far as the holder/charger, I would recommend this one sold on this site:

THB Comfort Cradle Car Kit for BlackBerry Pearl 8100 - ShopCrackBerry

I have two vehicles with BT car kits & this holder/charger (hard wired). Looks good, works great.
    Last edited by tyroni; 04-15-08 at 09:26 PM.
    04-15-08 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD