I was looking for a extra function to the one function alarm given with the Pearl and came to this program, MyAlarm.

MyAlarm
    - freeware
    - gives you 6 extra alarm functions
    - alternate to $30.00 alarm seen on the forums
    - free
    - This is not a advertisement for Myalarm. Just a reminder for people that do not want to pay $30 dollars for something blackberry should of included.

OTA: rivviepop.freehostia.com/bb/ota/MyAlarm.jad
    Homepage: MyAlarm

Thanks to :
    Rodolfo Hurtado (programer)
    rivviepop (uploader)
    Last edited by jacklou; 11-18-07 at 10:24 PM.
    11-18-07 09:57 PM
    What?????????
    11-18-07 10:11 PM
    If you use the alarm on your berry you need this. It's simple, slick and totally functional. Well done to the maker(s).
    11-20-07 12:57 AM
    Looks pretty nice, I'll have to give it a try.
    11-20-07 01:39 AM
    i downloaded the program I would love it if i was able to use my ringtones as the alarm instead of that beeping sound. when the alarm comes up it vibarates once and says snooze like normal however when you exit out of that screen it's asking permission to access the media and i have the filters set to allow...if someone could help me out that would be great...definitiely a plus to having more than one alarm just wish i could use that alarm with my own choice of music...

-Ryan
    12-03-07 06:35 PM
    I have been using Myalarm for about a month now and here are my observations:
    Myalarm does allow you to use a ringtone.
    Myalarm does not wake up the BB if the you set the Auto On/Off and the BB is off during an alarm. (found out that the hard way)
    If the profile is set to phone then the alarm does not work (I have to have it on Normal and therefore are awakened during the night by rings)
    Not reliable...
    I am using it on an Curve 8310 AT&T
    03-10-08 09:53 PM
    I've been using this program for a couple of months and I have found that:
    1. I can use mp3 songs as an alarm tone.
    2. I keep my phone on silent at night and the alarm works fine even when on silent.
    3. When the program asked for permission to access my memory card the first time I used it, I allowed the access and it's never asked me to again.
    4. To use music as your alarm tone, you must set it up under OVERRIDE TONE.

Read the documentation. I love this program. It's much better than the 2 alarm programs that I paid for and don't use.
    03-11-08 01:12 AM
    Thank you for the link.
    03-11-08 05:46 AM
    Thanks jacklou
    03-11-08 07:12 AM
    Well I did read the manual and it did work for a little while. In fact this week it worked only once this week.

I have an alarm set on weekdays at 5:30am. On Sunday I traveled to MST and on Monday morning the alarm went off at 3:30am. Not good... My original time zone is EST. Then on Monday I traveled to CST and again the alarm was off by 1 hour. Time was set correctly and was the same as network time.

On Friday, back in the EST, I set my alarm for 6:30am and it did not go off. I set my other alarm due to not trusting this alarm.
    I reconfirmed the settings and reset the alarm for 7:15am. At 8:15am, the alarm went off.... So there seems to be a bug that if you change the timezone, it doesn't work well. Is it because it is using GMT and not the local time????
    04-04-08 08:22 AM
    I download it, and it works perfectly, great.
    04-04-08 08:53 AM
    I just love it! I need two daily reminders for meds and with only the one, I was very worried. this works great! (I did have a problem with adding my own tones, so I went to the beep and all is well.)
    I'm off to make a donation to the creator
    11-11-08 10:49 AM
    Well I did read the manual and it did work for a little while. In fact this week it worked only once this week.

I have an alarm set on weekdays at 5:30am. On Sunday I traveled to MST and on Monday morning the alarm went off at 3:30am. Not good... My original time zone is EST. Then on Monday I traveled to CST and again the alarm was off by 1 hour. Time was set correctly and was the same as network time.

On Friday, back in the EST, I set my alarm for 6:30am and it did not go off. I set my other alarm due to not trusting this alarm.
    I reconfirmed the settings and reset the alarm for 7:15am. At 8:15am, the alarm went off.... So there seems to be a bug that if you change the timezone, it doesn't work well. Is it because it is using GMT and not the local time????
    I have the same issue and haven't figured out a good way to fix it. I've tried the "Force Exit" option and restarting the program, but I've seen it actually change the time I set when I go back to look at it after I've been in another time zone... This is a real PITA since I'm constantly traveling between all 4 US time zones...
    05-16-09 10:26 AM
    thanks a bunch!
    05-21-09 12:14 PM
    i downloaded the program I would love it if i was able to use my ringtones as the alarm instead of that beeping sound. when the alarm comes up it vibarates once and says snooze like normal however when you exit out of that screen it's asking permission to access the media and i have the filters set to allow...if someone could help me out that would be great...definitiely a plus to having more than one alarm just wish i could use that alarm with my own choice of music...

-Ryan

-all u need to do is click the alarm app. then scroll down to the second half where ist says alert type make sure it says tone. then right under it says tune. u can choose a ringtone or go to browse at the top and click device memory and then u choose whatever music u want that you downloaded on your device.
    05-27-09 03:33 PM

-Ryan
    just go into options>security>firewall and enable the firewall. u will then be able to use your own ringtones
    07-17-09 12:56 AM
    ok i downloaded the myalarm, and it works as an alarm, only 2 turn it off u have to enter a numeric code. which when ur half asleep and want the alarm off, is a PITA.
    07-17-09 12:59 AM
    Hi
    I tried this on my 8310 curve & had a lot of problems kept asking for access even though I set security options to ALLOW all. So the time it was due on a warning came up do you wish to allow? the same happened when trying to select a mp3 from the mem card all options were set to allow.

If anyone can help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Pete
    07-23-09 09:43 PM
    Hi,

I want to use this as I need more than one alarm per day.

I am new to Blackberrys.

Old Razor died and it was a cheap upgrade.

I am attempting to put this on my Blackberry but I am doing something wrong.

I need step by step how to get this alarm program working.

I have the files unzipped in my lap top but can't figure how to use the Blackberry Desktop manager to get them to my Blackberry.

Thanks,

Tom
    08-05-09 10:40 PM
    I don't know if this has been answered or not, but can someone walk me thru how to work the alarm?

- how to make it ring/buzz not vibrate when it goes off. (I sleep with my profile of "off")

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 02:02 PM
    I have 8310 and i was having the same issue about the program asking for permission each time whenever the alarm went off.

as suggested by megrumpyme just go into options>security>firewall and enable the firewall. u will then be able to use your own ring tones

Then i checked the Tone Override under the Tone tab and i was able to use my own ring tones without the program asking for permission.
    08-10-09 01:10 AM
    Okay! So my alarm isn't working!
    HELP ME!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:47 PM
    Yeah....I have since uninstalled it because it keeps asking for permission...PITA...IMHO, this app sucks!
    09-08-09 11:56 PM
    This article is great. Explains how you have everything youi need on your phone without any application needed. Limitless. blackberryvids.com/featured/free-blackberry-applications/
    08-03-10 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD