If you have a blackberry/ pda you will NOT be charged SMS charges for using mobile IM. That only applies to standard cell phones that are get it now capable....

NOT true according to my 10 minute call to Verizon. After speaking to an employee with an 8130, they told me that sadly, any IM is taken from your SMS plan.

wah.
    03-28-08 12:17 PM
    NOT true according to my 10 minute call to Verizon. After speaking to an employee with an 8130, they told me that sadly, any IM is taken from your SMS plan.

wah.
    Verizons aim thing will use your SMS not data. The Sprint link only works on Sprint devices. If you want AIM and use data you're going to need a 3rd party application that more likely will not be free.
    03-28-08 12:19 PM
    Verizons aim thing will use your SMS not data. The Sprint link only works on Sprint devices. If you want AIM and use data you're going to need a 3rd party application that more likely will not be free.

exACTly............................
    03-28-08 12:43 PM
    If you have a blackberry/ pda you will NOT be charged SMS charges for using mobile IM. That only applies to standard cell phones that are get it now capable....
    This statement is flatout wrong. Go read the link that was posted earlier in the thread. It clearly states "It's free! Download Mobile Instant Messaging at no additional monthly charge and only pay 20� per message or choose from one of our IN Messaging Bundles or Nationwide Select Calling plans, which include unlimited text, picture, video and instant messages."

Also "3. SMS charges apply for every message sent and received. An unlimited messaging plan is strongly recommended."

It uses text and they are just recommended you get an unlimited text plan so you can use it without getting hit with high fees.
    03-28-08 12:46 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD