So I went to update to 4.5 from 4.2 on my pearl and everything seemed to go fine until the end where it took over 30 minutes to "reconnecting to device" and I figured it just froze since the progress was going so ridiculously slow (I've updated previously (not to 4.5) and this never happened)... so naturally I got impatient and clicked cancel.... it then said "reconnecting to JVMsomething" and basically did a repeat and I waited for another 10 minutes so I just pulled the USB cable from the phone thinking I can restart the process. It told me that the apps couldn't be loaded and the backup file was saved at a certain location. Now the phone is stuck in a white screen with the color wheel trying to load something.... it's been about 25 minutes with no changes... I've tried pulling the battery and the media card and everything with no luck. The desktop software wont even detect the phone.

The software I was using was for my carrier (Rogers) so I didn't delete the vendor file.

Anyone come across this before? If so, what can I do? I hope I didn't brick it.

Thanks.
    01-06-09 07:03 PM
    Just to clear it up before I get flamed, I understand that it takes a long time after the install for the OS to do it's thing, BUT it actually took over 30 minutes... not the 10 - 15 that i've read about in various places on this site.
    01-06-09 07:08 PM
    It can take up to 40 sometimes, never found a real explaination of it. You will have to wipe the device and start over with no information (the desktop manager should have made a backup of the information). Follow these links (first one first, you may not need the second). Step by Step.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe

The second one may take 5-10 attempts or more to connect if you need to use that method.
    01-06-09 07:11 PM
    I did something similar when upgrading to 4.5.0.69 I ended up stuck on a screen with an icon which I think was trying to tell me the phone had no OS loaded. Followed the instructions above, recovered and installed .69 the second time no problem. Good Luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 08:41 PM
    That worked. Thanks.
    01-06-09 08:43 PM
    Glad to hear it. Welcome back CrackBerry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD