My 14-day no-penalty return period has passed, and I still have the phone, so I guess I'm keeping it. I am still very happy with it.

A couple of minor irritations:

-If I have messages waiting and a phone call comes in, after hanging up the phone call I can't review messages on the outside of the phone until the clock fades away. Clicking the buttons does nothing.

-I really wish I could delete messages from the outside. It's a waste of time to have to open the flip to delete spam that I know I don't want to read.

-I wish I could rotate the browser (including YouTube) sideways. Most web pages are too wide to see easily on the display vertically. (Though even horizontally it will probably be too narrow. I guess that's what mobile versions of web pages are for.)

-I wish I could sync contacts and calendar with Thunderbird/Lightning or even a custom desktop PIM.

-SureType works OK. With a phone this small it's hard to imagine how you could add a full querty keyboard. But I wish I could switch to MultiTap and back with a single keystroke somewhere, instead of having to pull up the menu, scroll down, and select it.

The good things I've discovered:
    -Berry411 is really useful. In the past two weeks I've used it 3 or 4 times where it really helped me find what I needed.
    -Google Maps is also pretty cool (It would be nice to have GPS so it could really locate me, but getting the general area helps a lot.)
    -Push email is very nice, but better if I could delete spam from the outside.
    -Automatic switch to WiFi is awesome. It works great for me in at least 4 of the places I frequent. It just happens.
    -The size, look, and feel of the phone. It was really well designed.
    10-28-08 02:40 PM
    sweet i cant wait to test it out. should receive mine today..
    10-28-08 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD