Ok i have a Blackberry Storm running OS .148 and I and getting tired of waiting for the horrible call quality on the phone to be fixed and verizon has told me that I qualify for an exchange for any blackberry since I have had my device switched out more than 3 times. I was wondering what you Peal flip owners think of the phone and if I should switch from the storm. I would wait for the tour but have heard that the Tour is basically a storm with a physical keyboard. I mainly use my phone for:

texting
    facebook
    twitterberry
    berryweather
    poynt
    youtube
    web browsing
    email

I had a pearl 8130 before the Storm so the suretype keyboard is not a problem for me.
    06-24-09 05:06 PM
    Go wrap your hands around one I think your gona like it
    I came from a storm to the flip and im glad I did
    06-24-09 06:09 PM
    Only thing you might dislike about this model for what you want the phone for, is youtube.
    Especially compared to the storm, the pic is very small..
    Everything else is fine.
    06-24-09 06:20 PM
    I really like this phone. I like the flips because you can stick them in your front pocket.
    06-24-09 06:23 PM
    i had curve.. and the flip is very nice.. I am diggin it
    06-24-09 06:31 PM
    well after deciding on getting the Pearl Flip, I was told that I did not qualify for an exchange and that I would just have to keep getting replacement Storms until I found one that worked. I HATE VERIZON!
    06-24-09 09:29 PM
    Well just received the Verizon Pearl Flip today and so far what a disappointment. I only get 2 bars of 1X in my apartment when I got 3 bars of 1XEV on my Storm. The flip has a severe lag issue. (Worse than the Storm). I have done reboots, sent service books, register Host Routing Table, *228 and nothing. This phone may be going back.
    06-26-09 04:55 PM
    Well just received the Verizon Pearl Flip today and so far what a disappointment. I only get 2 bars of 1X in my apartment when I got 3 bars of 1XEV on my Storm. The flip has a severe lag issue. (Worse than the Storm). I have done reboots, sent service books, register Host Routing Table, *228 and nothing. This phone may be going back.

Wow, after all of that, sorry to hear.
    I would try at least one exchange, because compared to my old pearl and my storm, the flip has a hella better radio. I get signal in 3 different dead zones that I never did before.
    06-26-09 05:20 PM
    Well after a day with the phone I got the white screen of death and took it to a Verizon store and they were unable to fix it so they gave me a replacement. After leaving the store, the phone randomly rebooted 3 times so I took it back and exchanged it for the Curve. I have never been happier. The Curve is probably RIM's most stable device. I have had the Storm, and Pearl Flip and they are all junk. After being a long time BB user, I may have to give up on RIM.
    06-27-09 10:13 PM
    I have had the flip for a week now and it seems to be working really well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 09:11 PM
    I've never accidentally made a call on my former Curve and current Storm and carry it in my front pocket.

Not very smart carrying a phone in the back pocket, IMO.
    06-29-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD