my question is: when i go to dial a phone number on my blackberry the address book is not recognizing the # that i am dialing and states that there is no addresses that match the #. but once the call is placed and i look in my call log it show the name that is listed in my address book. (example is if i dial 8605555555 and that is my home # it is not recognized but when i look at the call log it states that a call was placed to home)how can i fix this? is there a setting that i have to adjust. any help would be greatly appreciated

-cristine (new blackberry user)
    12-20-07 12:33 PM
    Do you have content protection enabled? (option->security options->general settings->content protection) If so, this is likely whats causing the problem.
    12-20-07 08:38 PM
    No it is disabled. So what else could it b?
    12-20-07 09:04 PM
    what happens if you start typing the person's name, instead of the number....does that work?
    12-20-07 09:10 PM
    That seems 2 to work but I can't remember all of my contacts. Can we fix the other way
    12-20-07 09:30 PM
    So you are going into your address book and dialing a #?
    12-20-07 09:38 PM
    i do that (hard to do when driving though) or i just dial the # directly..
    12-21-07 07:14 AM
    still not fixed can someone help
    12-24-07 05:40 AM
    Could you not program speed dials to make it easy? I always do a search by last name. I've never seen a phone that will search by phone number . . .
    12-24-07 07:47 AM
    I think because you know the number then it doesn't have to look it up in the phone book. But if you're searching through names then you will find the person or your home number.
    12-24-07 06:58 PM
    ^^^

I agree with the above post. I assume that the designers of the phone assumed that if you had the number, you woudln't need to use the phone book.

Sometimes if I know the number but can't remember the name, I just dial the number and disconnect right away.
    12-25-07 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD