Hello, I'm a new owner of pearl flip and want to know if there is any way to add contacts, besides typing them one by one into the phone. Please tell me there is something I can use on my desktop.
    11-10-08 09:01 PM
    If you have your contacts stored in Outlook on your PC you can sync them using the USB cable and using the Desktop Manager software that came with your BB.
    11-10-08 09:02 PM
    Ok, but what if I don't have outlook.
    11-10-08 09:17 PM
    Well, where do you have your contacts stored?
    11-10-08 09:18 PM
    to add a new contact, can i go into my contacts, click the menu and hit, like, add new contact? or do i have to dial like im calling that phone number and click add to contact from the berry button
    12-18-08 08:05 PM
    Another way to add contacts to your phones is copy from sim card.

In my case, this is how I did... Hope it helps.

I finally got into BB... My previous phone was Sony Ericson. from my previous phone, I was able to copy all my contacts to my sim card.

Instructions:
    -Insert Sim with contacts to BB 8220
    -Select Contacts (it should be empty, unless you've manually inserted)
    -Press "Menu/Blackberry Logo" button
    -Select "SIM Phone Book"
    -Select "Copy All to Contacts"
    -Done and Enjoy

I hope this helps....

-
    12-19-08 01:54 PM
    Ok, but what if I don't have outlook.
    You could use Outlook Express to input all the contact information, then open Desktop Manager and do a one-way sync from Outlook Express.

When I tried to import a CSV file containing contacts from an old phone, Desktop Manager scrambled the new contacts. I imported the CSV file into Outlook Express, made sure all the contacts were correct, deleted the mangled contacts from my phone, and used Desktop Manager to do a one-way sync from Outlook Express into my 8220.
    12-20-08 10:19 PM
    similar question.. im going from a curve to an iphone unlocked to t-mobile (background)

on my curve, majority of my contacts are already on my sim card but the important ones (most recent ones) are not on there. i cannot find a way to "copy all contacts TO sim card". i dont have any emails there or anything, any help?
    12-27-08 05:19 PM
    nevermind, just read that i have to do it one by one.. ugh this is blackberry getting revenge on me for getting an iphone, im convinced! lol
    12-27-08 05:36 PM
    Thanks for the info on the Sony Ericsson.......I'm going from that to the flip and I thought I was going to have to retype each one
    01-01-09 12:03 PM
    Another way to add contacts to your phones is copy from sim card.

In my case, this is how I did... Hope it helps.

I finally got into BB... My previous phone was Sony Ericson. from my previous phone, I was able to copy all my contacts to my sim card.

Instructions:
    -Insert Sim with contacts to BB 8220
    -Select Contacts (it should be empty, unless you've manually inserted)
    -Select "SIM Phone Book"
    -Done and Enjoy

I hope this helps....

-
    I must be doing something wrong...I have all 'sim phone book' info, but have no 'contacts'. I've gone through the following steps:
    -Select Contacts
    -Select "SIM Phone Book"

...and still no contacts??? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    01-21-09 06:52 PM
    I must be doing something wrong...I have all 'sim phone book' info, but have no 'contacts'. I've gone through the following steps:
    -Select Contacts
    -Select "SIM Phone Book"

...and still no contacts??? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    you actually have two phone books..
    one is the BB phonebook where the spaces of your contacts are separated more ..
    the other the sim phone book which are super close together.

after copying make sure you check your contacts icon.. the memo book looking icon.

it should be in there if you did it correctly..
    bear in mind, when you copy these contacts from your sim card, it saves all the numbers under work. so you would or should go into each and edit them. hassles.
    have a nice day
    01-22-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD