Does your pearl have to be activated with your carrier to be recognized by your computer and desktop manager???
    07-19-08 12:14 PM
    I am pretty certain it doesn't. Why do you ask?
    07-19-08 12:17 PM
    just got my pearl yesterday and I haven't activated it yet and I can't get my pc to recognize it at all. I've tried everything I can think of. Any help?
    07-19-08 12:20 PM
    It would help us to know what you are experiencing. When you say it isn't being recognized, what are you seeing, what is happening? Do you have Desktop Manager installed?
    07-19-08 12:24 PM
    Yeah, I have it installed. I have tried numerous computers and same result. The computer doesn't make the chime noise when it recognizes a new usb device. The phone does light up and charge but doesn't seem to be recognized. On Desktop manager it says not recognized and I made sure it was set to usb and clicked detect but nothing. Is there a setting that I have to have my pearl on for the computer to recognize it?
    07-19-08 12:29 PM
    What OS are you using on your PC? XP or Vista? If Vista, did you install Desktop manager from an admin account? If you didn't, you should try that.
    07-19-08 12:33 PM
    my system is xp
    07-19-08 12:49 PM
    Look through the search results.... maybe you can find more suggestions.

site:forums.crackberry.com USB recognize - Google Search
    07-19-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD