It used to work fine. Then I upgraded to V3.5.
    I had my pearl sending the incoming audio to my car stereo so I could listen to my phone calls hands free. Then after the upgrade, it required that I initiate my call, select the blackberry menu and then have to select "activate headset".

It plays music just fine with no menu steps required.

If I use the blackbery headset with microphone it doesn't require this step.

Any ideas how to make this work without having to fumble with controls during a phone call, as the whole point is to make driving safer?
    12-06-08 07:38 PM
    If you have something plugged into the headset jack, pressing the '.' key will activate the headset (instead of speakerphone) so you don't have to use the menu. I preferred the old behavior better as well, but at least you don't have to use the menu.

If anyone knows how to revert the behavior to the old way, I would like to know.
    12-08-08 04:52 PM
    What is the '.' key? I just got a new Curve and it came with a headset that is supposed to work for answering/making calls and listening to music. I can't figure out how to actually make it work. I plug it in, make a call and nothing. I hit the menu button and it gives me the options to use speakerphone or use a bluetooth device I have set up. My old BB had a headset that you just plugged in and "voila!" it worked.

Any help would be truly appreciated!
    12-09-08 09:40 AM
    it is the speakerphone key...
    12-10-08 09:41 PM
    Bumping this threat too. Someone help!
    04-17-10 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD