A few months ago, I picked up a used unlocked Pearl (originally set up with TMobile) and got it running with Rogers. As the BB n00b that I was, I deleted apps that I didn't think I'd be using any time soon, including BBmessenger. Low and behold, I wanted to get it back.

To make a long story short, I went ahead without thinking and used Jl_Cmder. I followed all the instructions to a T, downloaded the Rogers OS, Desktop manager, etc. When I try to reinstall my OS, it tells me that there's no update available. I'm stuck with the 507 screen.

I thought I might need to go to TMobile and download the OS directly from them, but I have to input a TMobile phone number in order for that to work.

So basically, I'm screwed right now. I need my BB up and running ASAP (especially since I don't have a home phone). Can ANYONE help me get everything working again?

Thanks
    02-11-09 09:50 AM
    did you delete the vender.xml file from the computer, you HAVE to do that to reload any OS onto the phone. and rogers OS vs. T-mo os shouldnt be different. i thought a 8100 was an 8100 no matter who sold the phone....given it's unlocked.

but to get the apps back all you had to was DL the 4.6 DM and go to app loader and select the things you wanted back
    02-11-09 09:59 AM
    Dude, you're a GOD! I really appreciate the help!

Just one question though... why is it that when I tried using DM after deleting the vendor.xml file, it wouldn't work, but when I went directly through the Apploader, it worked?
    02-11-09 10:16 AM
    The app loader has to "figure out" that the current OS is the most "up to date"... then it will offer to update it.
    02-11-09 10:32 AM
    delete the vender.xml haha as i typed this i saw the answer was given already my bad!
    02-11-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD