I have been reading about how to reset the flip without pulling the battery out. My question is using the SoftReset app. what exactly happen to the phone? What will it reset and what not?
    Anybody knows if it resets the whole phone? Deleting all the themes or what?
    Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 08:43 PM
    I have been reading about how to reset the flip without pulling the battery out. My question is using the SoftReset app. what exactly happen to the phone? What will it reset and what not?
    Anybody knows if it resets the whole phone? Deleting all the themes or what?
    Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    all it basically does is just reset the phone just as if you were to pull the battery---it doesn't delete anything just resets the phone.
    01-11-09 08:49 PM
    Is there a link?

Wait, found one...
    Does it work for 4.6?
    01-11-09 09:26 PM
    all it basically does is just reset the phone just as if you were to pull the battery---it doesn't delete anything just resets the phone.
    is there a link to the software to do a soft reset for a pearl runnin' OS 4.5?
    01-11-09 09:29 PM
    There is a thread in this forum... the 8220 forum that has the link.
    The name of the thread has something to do with resetting the flip.

Follow that link, on the new website there will be a link on the top telling you how to configure your "set up email" application to make it work on the 4.5 OS.

And yes, I tried it and this works on 4.6

Just upgrade to 4.6 if all else fails with 4.5 and use it on that OS.
    01-11-09 10:39 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/res...8220-a-134564/

This question was asked before.

In anycase, per the details of how it works, the BB resets itself after major software installations or deletions. What SoftReset does is trick the phone by installing a dummy file and then setting it for deletion. Once it does this, the phone thinks it need a full reset, resets itself, deletes the dummy file, and restarts with the full array of security descriptor tests. If you run the app again, it just does the same install of the dummy file and sets it for deletion.
    01-12-09 12:54 AM
    Bulldog-

How do I get OS 4.6? BB software site's only going up to 4.5 which I already have...

There is a thread in this forum... the 8220 forum that has the link.
    The name of the thread has something to do with resetting the flip.

Follow that link, on the new website there will be a link on the top telling you how to configure your "set up email" application to make it work on the 4.5 OS.

And yes, I tried it and this works on 4.6

Just upgrade to 4.6 if all else fails with 4.5 and use it on that OS.
    01-12-09 10:06 AM
    just loaded it and it's working GREAT on my Pearl w/ 4.5 OS. Thanks for the link and info.
    01-12-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD