I have a unlocked flip for AT&T and when it works, its the best phone I have owned. The past few weeks the phone has been giving me the reset error...So I had to download the OS again... Now for the past few days its resetting itself like every 15-30mins.. I can simply click reset and it takes around 15m but it will reset and work perfect, until another 15-30 mins go by and it resets itself again.

I really like this phone but its driving me nuts not to mention the calls/texts missed while it resets. I use my phone for business/personal and if its going to continue this crap then I have to give it up.. But I really dont want to..

Anyone have any idea why its doing this???:confused:
    04-24-09 12:15 AM
    did you try a full wipe and start from scratch on it?
    04-24-09 10:50 AM
    My first Flip did the same at random despite performing all tricks known. Had it replaced within the 14 day trial and, knock on wood, no problems since.
    04-24-09 08:45 PM
    Mine is also having the same problem, and i bought from a person who unlocked it and used it with at&t. I've tried reinstalling the OS from the "nuked berry" instructions on this site, reloading the phone with ALL of the default applications, resetting it to factory settings, and using JL_cmder to wipe it and nothing seems to work. After i reload the software, it works for a few hours, but then resets and continues to lock itself in the endless hour-glass boot cycle.

So in short, I'm having the same problem :/
    04-26-09 04:39 PM
    I've had two with the same problem. The first one lasted three months, the second one just one week. The third one is now three weeks old and has not exhibited the problem. In both cases the reboots were initially infrequent, once or twice a day. The problem got worse quickly, with re-boots occurring every few hours, and sometimes the Flip would boot several times in a row. Finally, the phone would go into a "boot loop" where it would re-boot before finishing the current boot cycle.

At this point, I think this is a hardware problem. But I also think it could be triggered by something environmental. Figuring out what that something could be is the trick.
    04-27-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD