I want to clear up some folder space, and I want to obliterate all my texts. Is there a select all feature?
    07-02-08 06:53 PM
    yup...either hold down the Alt key and scroll the trackball to mass highlight, or highlight a date bar, click the Menu key and select Delete Prior. That will delete all messages prior to the date you've highlighted.

hth,

e.n.
    07-02-08 07:17 PM
    yup...either hold down the Alt key and scroll the trackball to mass highlight, or highlight a date bar, click the Menu key and select Delete Prior. That will delete all messages prior to the date you've highlighted.

hth,

e.n.
    Thank you very much!
    07-02-08 07:29 PM
    I usually prefer selecting one of the Date Bars... then Menu > Delete Prior

*EDIT* And I think you have to hold the Shift key and scroll to make a selection. Then you can delete. Not the Alt key
    Jack Daniels 007 likes this.
    07-02-08 07:29 PM
    Hurray - I don't always like to use the delete prior because there are 1 or 2 that I want to keep so I just tried the highlight thing and it works...thx....I've been wondering about that!
    07-02-08 08:18 PM
    I would love to be able to delete by sender. Sometimes you get in a back and forth text convo and just want to delete everything from that person and nothing else
    07-23-08 06:39 PM
    I would love to be able to delete by sender. Sometimes you get in a back and forth text convo and just want to delete everything from that person and nothing else
    You can! Just highlight a message from that sender, hit the menu key, and select "Search Sender". That will give you all the messages from that sender. Then just scroll to the bar with today's date, select it, and choose "Delete Prior". That will delete all of the emails from that sender.
    07-23-08 06:48 PM
    Oh man this will eliminate so much highlighting and scrolling...cos like If you let go for a second you have to start all over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 08:17 PM
    I gotta say, being new to BB and coming from a Palm this is a big step backwards! I am enjoying getting to know my new "friend" but email handling is awkward!
    07-28-09 11:07 PM
    excellent!!
    01-19-16 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD