I accidentally killed my berry!

On startup, I receive a white screen with an error. Won't start up, due to my irresponsible delete finger, and a bad experience with COD files...

HOW DO I FIX HER?!!!
    12-29-08 09:22 PM
    Can you still connect it to your computer?
    12-29-08 09:22 PM
    What is the error? And its highly unlikely its bricked, just needs to be redone. Reinstall the OS on your computer to get all the COD files back, then connect your device and see if it will update properly.
    12-29-08 09:27 PM
    What is the error? And its highly unlikely its bricked, just needs to be redone. Reinstall the OS on your computer to get all the COD files back, then connect your device and see if it will update properly.
    Thats what I was thinking. Blackberry OS isn't like windows mobile where if the OS update messes up your screwed. I didn't want to tell him it's probably not bricked though because I didn't want to get his hopes up incase it is. It's highly unlikely it's bricked. Blackberry has a loader type thing on it where it should still be able to connect even without an OS on it.
    12-29-08 09:32 PM
    The phone connects, but in the Desktop Mgr, under pin, it says none.
    The BB stays connected for like a second, then goes to the white screen, and I guess disconnects.
    12-29-08 11:07 PM
    The phone connects, but in the Desktop Mgr, under pin, it says none.
    The BB stays connected for like a second, then goes to the white screen, and I guess disconnects.
    Unplug sync cable from phone and pc, pull battery on phone and restart pc. Then try again
    12-29-08 11:10 PM
    Okay, having that done.

I am now trying again, but my BB connects, then disconnects right when I click next on the DM. Doesn't stay connected long enough to update.

Is there a manual way that I can copy system files to it?

" A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again. "
    Last edited by Bullfrog110MB; 12-29-08 at 11:16 PM.
    12-29-08 11:14 PM
    you might be in luck, theres an application called javaloader. I might have it on my computer somewhere but I know you can get it from the blackberry jde (found on bb website).

It wipes your BB clean so you can load a new os. Another thing you can try is uninstall/reinstall desktop manager (which essentially reloads the drivers) and be liberal with restarting. My phone does that all the time with my laptop and work computer (only 2 comps I use on a somewhat regular basis)
    12-29-08 11:24 PM
    Will the BB JDE load the new OS?

Or will the DM?

Or will I have to?

Will my carrier, T-Mobile save my contacts and ****?

I, DO have the memory card out to save my pics and music.
    12-29-08 11:26 PM
    BB JDE will not load new os, just clean the BB off and allot DM to reload os. I wouldn't worry about your contacts as long as you have a recent backup of your phone.
    12-29-08 11:28 PM
    Lol, yeah right.

I had my phone for a day... My and my inaccurate nerdiness.
    12-29-08 11:30 PM
    goto your my documents folder.... if you see a file that says something like:

Code:
    loaderbackup-<date>.ipd
    then you do... Chances are you have at least 1.... I think it does it by default when you upgrade os.
    12-29-08 11:36 PM
    Holy crap, I DO!
    12-29-08 11:41 PM
    follow these directions they will work, you might have to try many many times though, i was trying to unlock my 8900 and i had to keep trying for about 30 mins before i got it to catch on.
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    12-29-08 11:43 PM
    lucky duck.... I'm pretty sure if you reinstall DM youll be fine. Make sure to uninstall the old veersion before reinstalling.... I got a ftp server running and you can get it at:

ftp://blackberry:[email protected]%20release/

difference between 2 files are 1 has media manager the other dont.

If you have like comcast for internet, you can hit like 1.3MB download.
    12-29-08 11:45 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I used JL Cmder to wipe the BB, then Installed the OS and backed up with the DM.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

This phone was my lifeline to the love of my life, across the states.

I got it fixed in like 2 hrs...
    12-30-08 12:49 AM
    now you can modify your blackberry.alx file to remove the sample media and the folders. Its a couple threads down from this 1
    12-30-08 01:11 AM
    My phone is back, but I NEED THE MY FAVES APP

Is there a dl? Possibly OTA?

My Faves disappeared... the whole app. And I can't deal with TMo because I am not the acc holder.
    12-30-08 11:40 AM
    This is why is it important to back-up not only your Berry, but your third-party apps as well.

How To Back-Up Your Third-Party Apps - CrackBerry Forums

It's good to back-up at least once or twice a month, but I recommend you back-up you Berry every time you change your settings and your apps every time you get a new app. This way you have back-ups when you mess with the wrong settings, brink your Berry, DL an incompatible app, lose an app, etc. Even if you are not a boy scout, it is good to always be prepared.
    12-30-08 04:39 PM
    Sim Card Error?

I did a battery pull, then pulled the sim card for an hour.
    Now I think it was fixed... but what was the error for?
    12-30-08 09:17 PM
    Sim Card Error?

I did a battery pull, then pulled the sim card for an hour.
    Now I think it was fixed... but what was the error for?
    Was the app hidden?
    12-30-08 10:27 PM
    The app?

I just had TMO update my faves, and then I installed the app. That is fyxed.

What was the sim card error for?
    12-30-08 10:51 PM
    The app?

I just had TMO update my faves, and then I installed the app. That is fyxed.

What was the sim card error for?
    Not sure exactly how ti works but my guess is....

In the blackberry os, there are vendor tags with 3-digit numbers which define the vendor. It probably didn't know what network to look for until you pulled the battery.
    12-30-08 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD