I bought the 9700 two months ago, it was great but not as the iPhone 3G I had for a year and something..

I'm planing to sell my 9700 and get the iPhone 4. But I can't just leave the BBM world easily!
    As well as it provides a good spare phone.

I'm thinking of the Pearl as it is small and looks great!

Is the keypad easy to get to use against the Bold (or any QWERTY keyboard)?
    Or is the norma-phone-keypad easier than the SureType?

Any other tips for getting a Pearl?

Again... the only use is BBM and few messaging.
    I don't BBM a lot, but I good enough to keep it with me.
    Last edited by iBalushi; 12-02-10 at 09:09 AM.
    12-02-10 08:43 AM
    Everythings the same besides the keyboard.. Literally the 9100 is a mini-9700 in terms of internals... You'll just need to get used to suretype which shouldn't take very long and in my experience you'll probably type faster with the suretype keyboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 09:56 PM
    Agreed with the above. Suretype is awesome and the Pearl series is to me the
    single best keyboard of any BlackBerry.
    12-02-10 11:13 PM
    I went from 9700 to 9100 and i will not go back
    12-03-10 07:06 PM
    I seem to think that the 9100/9105 is the black(sheep) berry of the family ,,because it does not conform to the norm it never seems to get good Press. I'm coming from a std keyboard phone and I'm still unsure if I can make the change to the full qwerty . I am TRYING the 9000 Bold for a while before I go for the 18mth contract ,,I just get frustrated when I type the wrong keys - it takes me far longer to text now. Its good to hear other peoples findings
    12-05-10 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD