I have an ancient 8110, which I like. I use it for emails, but mainly receiving and typing short replies. It suits me just fine.

Vodafone finally got me to upgrade and sent me a new Pearl, which is a 9105. Now it's arrived and it has the normal "phone" keyboard - 3 letters to a key - rather than the 8110 layout of 2 or 1.

I can't use it and am going to return it, but when I synced it to my laptop, it showed me a picture of the 9110, which is EXACTLY what I want!

Does anyone know if any carriers in the UK provide it, or if they have any plans to? Or even if you can buy elsewhere?

I can't get my sausage fingers around any of the other QWERTY BBs, so it's this or nothing for me.

Any info or help much appreciated

Matti
    06-09-11 02:27 AM
    06-09-11 02:31 AM
    Thanks Californiablackberry, I don't know if these guys ship to UK. Anyone know if it's unlocked for UK, will 3G work in UK?

Any UK based peeps know of any suppliers?
    06-09-11 02:47 AM
    Thanks Californiablackberry, I don't know if these guys ship to UK. Anyone know if it's unlocked for UK, will 3G work in UK?

Any UK based peeps know of any suppliers?
    I'm sorry! I just checked and they don't ship to the UK. /:
    But that device would work on the 3G bands there.
    gingermatti likes this.
    06-09-11 02:58 AM
    try these guys, bought mine from them 12 months ago and all is ok on 02 with 3G...however not cheap........HOME
    gingermatti likes this.
    06-09-11 07:48 AM
    I'm in the UK and I got a new 9100 from ebay. I also moved from an 8110 and wanted the same 22 key suretype keypad. The seller was in hong kong but had excellent feedback do i purchased the phone. The vendor on ebay was called cellfoneforever if that helps. The vendor had excelllent communication, and the price they were selling it for was much cheaper than other places are selling it for. Got it for around �130 delivered.

It was an original and new and it came unlocked and 3G works with no problems using my vodafone UK sim card.

Hope that helps.
    06-21-11 05:00 AM
    HI, I also checked on ebay for this phone and the company you mention didn't get a good write up on the problems with phones.........but glad you seem all ok with it.
    06-22-11 12:01 PM
    You can get one unlocked and use it with a GSM carrier in the UK like Vodafone or Orange... just get a GSM Blackberry unlocked and use it with a GSM SIM card.
    07-26-11 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD