I've searched through this forum and haven't found a problem quite like the one I have with my blackberry.

I have no headset/handset for my blackberry. The volume is set as high as it will go and I even have it on volume boost and I still cannot hear any of my ringtones unless the blackberry is up by my ear. I can actually hear the phone better if it is on vibrate.

Anyone have any ideas as to why I cannot hear my ringtones or how I can make them louder?

My friend suggested that the phone may need to be switched from handset to speaker, but I don't have a handset and I don't know how to go about doing this.

Thanks for any help I receive in advance!
    12-14-08 01:20 AM
    Umm did you look in your profile advanced options and going to lets say your "loud" profile and making sure the volume is set to High and not low or off?
    12-14-08 04:14 AM
    I sure did.
    12-14-08 10:46 PM
    And you made sure that your phone is currently set to use the "loud" profile?

Also, what ringtones are you using? Are you using the preloaded tones or did you download some song bits that you're trying to use as a ringtone? Those are traditionally hard to hear without some pre-download manipulation. (I use Audacity)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD