Has anyone else had any issues with the Wi-Fi being extremely slow on these flips. If so have you found a solution or is there a solution yet?
    10-22-08 03:21 PM
    Has anyone else had any issues with the Wi-Fi being extremely slow on these flips. If so have you found a solution or is there a solution yet?
    i havent had ANY problems with my wifi. i personally find it to be up to par with what i expected on a cell phone, maybe a little better. running on wifi i can get most pages up in less than 15 seconds. the more grpahics and image heavy pages take a little more than 30 seconds. youtube videos can be accessed in a little more than 10 seconds. and if there is a problem with wifi speed, idk how it could be made any better. for the most part im satisfied with my pearl flip i hope this helped you a little bit
    10-22-08 03:38 PM
    The speed is way slower than 15 seconds a page. More like 3 minutes to pull google up. On my curve it pulls up webpages on wifi in less than 5 seconds sitting in the same seat. This would be the second flip i have had this issue with in a week.
    10-22-08 03:48 PM
    just tried mine while reading your post. with 3 tries, #1 7 sec. #2 10 sec. #3 8 sec. to load Google via WiFi.
    10-22-08 09:51 PM
    What 802.11 are you on a? B? Or g?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 10:03 PM
    its a mix of b/g. like i said every other wireless device is extremely fast.
    10-23-08 12:22 PM
    Could be the device. At least one person here had WiFi trouble and returned for a new 8220 and it solved their issue.
    10-23-08 03:24 PM
    Never had an issue with my wifi at all. I would take it back and get another one.

10-23-08 03:28 PM
    This is the second one i have used that has this issue. i am going to try it on a different wifi area tonight to see if it just maybe incompatible with the router.
    10-23-08 04:50 PM
    On WiFi I can pull up Google in about three to four seconds. You may need to update your OS or for some reason use it more. The first day I got the Flip the OS was SLOOOW. Now for some reason the OS is faster as is the browser.

You may need to check out the options on the browser you're using, there are three browsers.
    10-23-08 06:03 PM
    yea i heard about the .151 to .155 upgrade but also see it doesnt change anything. Plus there is an issue with the install files on that update. I have used it about 3 days and still no faster.
    10-23-08 06:51 PM
    On WiFi I can pull up Google in about three to four seconds. You may need to update your OS or for some reason use it more. The first day I got the Flip the OS was SLOOOW. Now for some reason the OS is faster as is the browser.

You may need to check out the options on the browser you're using, there are three browsers.
    Same here - Hank, did you upgrade to .155?
    10-23-08 06:59 PM
    none of the .155 upgrades i downloaded works
    10-24-08 06:14 PM
    my wifi works perfectly, upgraded to .155 and everything
    10-24-08 06:16 PM
    where did you download your .155 upgrade from. i have tried 3 different download areas. they download and everything but when it goes to installit on the phone it tells me there is an error witht he upgrade.
    10-24-08 06:22 PM
    Having no problems with my wifi. Using stock OS. Google loads fast and so does crackberry forums.
    Range is also good. I still get wifi well into the street.
    You should check for the latest firmware for your router

10-26-08 12:28 AM
    The router is not the problem, it's the phone, and specifically javascript/html email/etc. If you have that disabled, well never mind - laugh. The phone comes without JS enabled, so all of you with "it loads instantly" are basically full of crap. It doesn't load in 5 seconds. Lets try this...

Tell me how long it takes to load http:// favtape.com /itunes/ top on your phone with JS enabled over wifi. This is a good benchmark.

There is also an issue in the stack regarding switching from EDGE to UMA/wifi and back. .155 doesn't fix anything relative and does NOT add any new functionality to .151.
    10-27-08 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD