No lights, no sounds, nothing. Even with a known good battery.

Tried with the phone plugged into the charger, USB port and battery only. Have pulled battery and re-installed while plugged into the charger and the USB port. I do get a Windows "doink" when I plug it into the USB port but after 5 seconds or so I get a second "doink." Usually this is Windows talk for "the USB device just disconnected" but I don't know that's the case with the phone. In Desktop Manager, I get "Unknown Device."

All suggestions for rejuvenating this phone will be welcomed!

Thanks.
    11-24-10 08:10 PM
    11-24-10 08:12 PM
    Problem is that T-Mobile has only broken (corrupt) files and that's been the case at least for 24 hours. I cannot download the software from T-Mobile. Any idea where I can get the 8220 software besides T-Mobile?

Thanks.
    11-24-10 08:48 PM
    Try the link that is in this thread. It will be in Spanish when you get to RIM's site, but just look for your device number and then you will be able to fill out the form in English and download the OS.
    11-24-10 08:57 PM
    Thanks - downloading now; T-Mobile ought to be ashamed of itself!

P.S. Gotta love Google Translate!

Will post back with results.
    11-24-10 09:14 PM
    "App Loader cannot connect..."

File downloaded successfully but App Loader doesn't "see" the BB.

Suggestions?
    11-24-10 09:33 PM
    BTW, do you know if I can use a Motorola RAZR originally used on AT&T on T-Mobile? Just replace the SIM card and go?

Just looking at options in case that I can't resurrect the Pearl Flip...
    11-24-10 09:59 PM
    The AT&T phone is a GSM phone just like the T mobile phones are (they use a sim card), however the AT&T phone is branded to that carrier unless it has been unlocked. A easy way to find ou if it is locked is just stick the T mobile card in it, and if it connects to the network your good to go, if not then you only choices are to unlock the phone ($), or call a friend on T mobile and ask if they have an old phone laying around that you can borrow, or with a little luck and the advice of people on this forum you might get the 8220 up and running. Good Luck
    11-25-10 08:43 AM
    "App Loader cannot connect..."

File downloaded successfully but App Loader doesn't "see" the BB.

Suggestions?
    Try BBSAK.
    11-25-10 11:39 AM
    BTW, do you know if I can use a Motorola RAZR originally used on AT&T on T-Mobile? Just replace the SIM card and go?

Just looking at options in case that I can't resurrect the Pearl Flip...
    You can use a T-Mobile pay-as-you-go phone if you just want voice calls. I popped my BB SIM into a $13 Nokia 1661 from Walgreens while my Flip was drying out from a toilet dive.
    11-26-10 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD