I've had the 8220 for a few months now and all of a sudden it has started shutting itself down for no apparent reason. I'll be talking and the phone just shuts off the screen goes black and the only way I can get it back on is to pull the battery and the sim card. After I pull the battery and sim I wait about two minutes replace both and press the on key. Sometimes I press the on key several times and a gray screen will finally appear. The screen stays gray with the little stopwatch going round and round for several minutes then the phone will finally boot up.

I have not loaded any applications or made any other changes.

It's done this to me several times over the past three days. Has anyone else seen this? If so what is the fix?
    08-17-09 11:38 AM
    happens to me too in the middle of a conversation. I hate it! I have T-Mobile also it's so weird.
    08-17-09 01:38 PM
    I contacted T-Mobile and they are sending a replacement phone. This will be the second replacement I've had. The first one would not let me dial a call. I would start to put in the numbers but before I could finish entering the full number the phone would convert the numbers to letters and say it could not find a contact.
    08-17-09 01:46 PM
    I didn't purchase a warranty stupid me. I got my phone in Dec and it did it a couple of times after. Now it's doing it all the time.
    08-17-09 01:51 PM
    They are sending me a new battery first to make sure that's not the problem. I hope it fixes the problem cause it's so irritating.
    08-17-09 03:53 PM
    I contacted T-Mobile and they are sending a replacement phone. This will be the second replacement I've had. The first one would not let me dial a call. I would start to put in the numbers but before I could finish entering the full number the phone would convert the numbers to letters and say it could not find a contact.
    I have the 8230 from Verizon and mine has done the weird dialing thing twice. I don't understand why it would search for a name in the middle of dialing a number...
    08-18-09 02:00 AM
    Well, my American friends...

I must mention that you're not alone. It has nothing to do with T-Mobile or any other carrier that your working with, so far as I know.

I have an 8220 under the carrier Rogers Wireless up here in Canada. I've been having the same problem. I'm upgrading to a Curve 8900 on Friday hopefully because I've had it up to my eyes with the problems my 8220 is having.

Rogers has already replaced the phone once for me, but they won't do it again because I didn't purchase a warranty (apparently they only did it the first time out of compassion), so I'm stuck with it. Luckily I get to upgrade soon.

Its a great phone for a 15-year old girl texting her friends and bragging that she has a new Blackberry that FLIPS, but it just cannot handle the abuse of my user-ship (have no idea if that is a word) whatsoever.

Curve 8900 here I come!
    08-19-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD