someone help please...I have not abused this phone nor has it gotten wet. I've tried two different batteries and two different chargers and it still yields zero response. Not even a charging light when i plug it in. I literally put it in my pocket while it was fully functioning, took it out an hour later and it was off. Now i can't even get the bricked screen of death. I haven't taken it apart yet but i have a feeling i'm going to have to. I just got it from a friend and he just downloaded the newest os to it. It had a 2 gig memory card in it but there was nothing on the card as i only had it for a week before this happened. I hadn't signed up for internet service yet and the only thing i downloaded to it was one cd via windows media player. The cd was a legit cd purchased from a label not limewire...what-a-do?
    02-24-10 01:11 PM
    Try removing the memory card and taking the battery out and then holding the power button with the battery to remove any residual power from the phone. What happens sometimes, very rare but some times is that static electricity from your pocket can cause issues. If that doesn't work...um...it is about the size of a hockey puck right?
    02-24-10 03:44 PM
    ok i'll try that. i tried removing the mem card once but i couldn't wrap my finger around it. I have a tiny set of needle nose i can try though.

thanks for the response.
    02-24-10 04:07 PM
    Push it in and it should pop out...don't just yank it out you might break it or the phone.

Let me know how it works out!
    02-25-10 09:07 AM
    wow i'm glad i read that first. thanks for that.
    02-25-10 10:21 AM
    My Flip used to randomly shut off on me if I set it down on hard surfaces or if I closed it too fast. I never found out what the cause was because my provider wanted me to pay 75$ to send it to BB and get it looked at.
    02-25-10 11:01 AM
    ok i took the memory card out like you said, took the battery out and pressed a corner of the battery to the power button...it didn't work. Took battery out rubbed it all over every metal piece outside the phone and once more for good luck. It still won't work, it still won't even give me a red light when i plug it into the charger. Absolutely no sign of life. Do these things honestly fail while its in your pocket? WTF
    I'm fairly mechanical and might try taking this thing apart, what should i look at first for signs of burnt connections? I have a soldering gun and a shotgun, i haven't decided which gun i'll take to it yet.
    02-25-10 04:38 PM
    ok i took the memory card out like you said, took the battery out and pressed a corner of the battery to the power button...it didn't work. Took battery out rubbed it all over every metal piece outside the phone and once more for good luck. It still won't work, it still won't even give me a red light when i plug it into the charger. Absolutely no sign of life. Do these things honestly fail while its in your pocket? WTF
    I'm fairly mechanical and might try taking this thing apart, what should i look at first for signs of burnt connections? I have a soldering gun and a shotgun, i haven't decided which gun i'll take to it yet.
    Why don't you call your provider or go to an agent? Maybe they can tell you what is wrong with your phone. If you try to repair it yourself, it may void the warranty.
    02-26-10 02:48 PM
    Why don't you call your provider or go to an agent? Maybe they can tell you what is wrong with your phone. If you try to repair it yourself, it may void the warranty.
    two issues with that

1. I bought it from a friend who can't find the warranty
    2. It was a tmobile phone that he unlocked so i can use it for my att services.

So who do i take it to att or tmobile? Can i do so w/out a reciept?
    02-26-10 03:39 PM
    As much as this sucks...if the phone is over 1 year old you are SOL...the warranty is up after a year AND because the phone is unlocked most time that voids any warranty from a service provider. Your best bet would be to contact RIM itself and see if they have any ideas or could uphold any warranty that way. Sorry my idea didn't work, I knew it was a long shot but I know laptops get static build-up sometimes. Good luck.
    03-01-10 10:05 AM
    no need to apoligize i appreciate the creativity and input. I shall call RIM (i'm guessing their the maker of crackberry's...) i'll go on blackberry's site to look for that number thanks.
    03-01-10 10:25 AM
    You might be able to find a Blackberry repair service. I know we have one in my state. Usually they can fix those kinds of problems for cheap.
    03-01-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD