I've had a 2 replacements , got it again, tried RIM support plus Tmo support. Wiped and went back to .180, got it again. Moved to .307, got it again. Is there any way to rid my phone of this error, or an I stuck replacing every few weeks until I get one without the bug?
    11-06-09 03:46 PM
    I saw that error occasionally, even after upgrading to 4.6.0.305. It usually happened right after rebooting. It's the one thing that really annoyed me about the phone. I haven't gotten the error since I deleted a few dozen expired calendar entries from my schedule. I suspect in my case there was a rogue appointment causing problems for the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 07:46 AM
    It's prob not the phone. If you keep loading the same backup there is likely some kind of bad appointment (as he said) or you have a bad app on there. The chances of you getting the same error on multiple phones is very low, it's something you're putting on it.

11-08-09 08:52 AM
    The only app on the phone is opera mini. (It happened when I wiped the phone and did not have opera on it as well. It seems to happen most when I am dialing numbers for the most part, although it has popped up out of the blue. I do not use the calendar feature, and have no data plan. Perplexing.
    11-09-09 09:32 AM
    But do you load the same backup everytime? Like your contacts/numbers etc? If you just keep having problems with bare brand new out of the box phones then you may very well the unluckiest person in the world. It's a pity, you seem quite nice.

I'd call up Tmo support livid and see if you can't get yourself an 8520 for just shipping.

11-09-09 11:30 AM
    I thought that as well NSZ. I asked that question when I was on the phone with RIM tech support. In his opinion, wipeing and reinstalling would fix it, he set me back to .180, and said to use the restore, which I did. Error came back in .180, and now on .305. Called RIM back and was told that the error would not have been kept in any backup files. Dont know it it is true or not, but that's what the "experts" say.
    11-09-09 12:23 PM
    IMO it's GOT to be a problem with your restore file. The only other explanation is that you got 3 faulty brand new phones. The only other common thing would be your sim card, and I don't think it's that.

"experts" pfft- xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language - By Randall Munroe
    11-09-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD