Hi. With AT&T service I am using an unlocked TMobile 8220. I do not have a Blackberry data plan, but I do have a messaging plan that allows text, picture, video, and IM. There is no MMS icon or option on the phone itself. Text works, but I cannot figure a way to send MMS, and nothing happens at all when a friend sends me a pic.

Any help with this issue will be deeply appreciated and maybe even rewarded
    02-23-10 07:51 PM
    Not being familiar with the procedures pertaining to the issue, the best I can do is point you in the general direction of how to deal with it from previous threads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 08:22 PM
    You need a data plan to use mms.
    02-24-10 12:57 PM
    You cannot receive MMS without a data plan.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-24-10 01:03 PM
    Thanks very much for the responses. I do have AT&T's messaging plan which allows for text/sms, picture text, video text, and Yahoo IM. I don't have the Blackberry data plan, but nonetheless it's a data plan. It seems to me that if I can just get the AT&T MMS service book then I'll be all set.

Is my thinking all wrong on this?
    02-24-10 07:43 PM
    Your thinking is not wrong at all, your paying for a messaging plan so you should be able to get all the features that come with that plan.

If you were with t-mobile with no data plan you could ask for the free Blackberry feature enabler, which would allow you to send and receive MMS with a standard messaging plan. But since your with ATT where data is required on all Blackberrys(correct me if I'm wrong), they're probably assuming you have data. I guess you could call customer service and ask for that service book but then they might force you to get a data plan. Good Luck!
    02-25-10 12:26 AM
    I have the same problem, ATT will not accept your existing data plan to work on a Blackberry, you are stuck with SMS only.

Guess what, my contract expires in 2 weeks, my family of 3 + me will leave ATT forever for T-Mobile which is the ONLY carrier that allows BBs without data plan.

Beware ATT will find out you have a BB through your IMEI and will charge you the $ 30/month data plan regardless if you use it or not. I had 3 verye heated conversations with their customer support, then decided to take my $ 200/month business somewhere else where customer service is key.
    04-17-10 03:34 PM
    But don't forget, they have America's fastest 3g network... In the 25% of the country that gets service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 05:22 PM
    But don't forget, they have America's fastest 3g network... In the 25% of the country that gets service.
    Tell me, how is this statement even remotely relevant to the OP's issue?
    04-21-10 01:55 PM
    but it's funny
    04-21-10 03:48 PM
    I'm the OP. So guess what? 1) AT&T never clicked that I was using a BB. Apparently they don't recognize IMEIs from phones that they have never offered. 2) I finally got the BB data plan. I still don't have MMS, and SMS has gone down the crapper. Just started a new thread on the AT&T board.
    06-10-10 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD