Hi all,

I have an 8220 flip (with T-Mobile) that has stopped responding half the time. Some of the time it works perfectly -- and then, without warning, the screens go dark (both inside or out, depending on whether I have the phone open at the time) and the red "you have a message" light comes on, and stays on for about ten seconds. Then everything goes dark for a bit, and then the screen goes white, with the spinning clock in the middle. After ten or fifteen seconds, the screen goes dark again and the red light comes back, and the cycle repeats endlessly until I take out the battery.

Sometimes replacing the battery fixes the problem; sometimes it doesn't. The phone seems most likely to be lucid when fully charged, but swapping out the battery for another has not worked.

Anyone have any suggestions? When I called T-mobile, they said it might be a software corruption problem, but I'm not quite tech-savvy enough to know what to do with that information.

Thanks,
    --Sarkany
    06-09-10 10:06 PM
    06-10-10 09:37 AM
    When these instructions say, "Follow the Apploader installation instructions through the erasing, loading JVM, and loading system files," what exactly does it mean? Am I supposed to select everything for deletion?

Is there a "for Dummies" version of this out there somewhere?
    06-11-10 09:48 AM
    When these instructions say, "Follow the Apploader installation instructions through the erasing, loading JVM, and loading system files," what exactly does it mean? Am I supposed to select everything for deletion?
    No, no. It just means to let the apploader do its thing. As it goes through various steps of the installation, it tells you what it is doing.
    06-11-10 02:02 PM
    Is there a "for Dummies" version of this out there somewhere?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    06-11-10 02:06 PM
    ... is there a "for Dummies" version of the rest of these instructions? Some of them just don't make sense to me -- I feel like I missed a step somewhere.
    06-12-10 11:29 AM
    This is the problem that I have encountered twice with my flip. Both times, troubleshooting has resulted in the phone needing to be replaced. If you are still having problems, you just have to try to reinstall the software (after creating a backup if desired) and hope it solves the problem, BOth of those things are incredibly easy to do via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, though in my experience, a software reinstallation has never been fixed the problem. If it still doesn't work, contact your service provider and go through the troubleshooting with them - they will probably tell you to do what everyone has already discussed, but at least if/when it fails, they will be able to direct you to your replacement options.
    06-19-10 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD