This function used to work crisply until several weeks ago. Pressing the Mute/standby button , frequently, not always, the unit will refuse to come off stanbye. I seem to ahve to keep pressing teh mute/standbye button, or it just takes a long time to come to life.
    I've tried the battery pull/reset thing and this does not seem to affect the issue. Id appreciate any input here.
    OS 4.3.0.17
    THanks
    Last edited by stuka75; 03-31-08 at 10:06 AM.
    03-31-08 09:53 AM
    What OS version are you running? I seem to remeber reading apost here that had a similar issue and upgrading to the newest OS took care of it. I never had a problem with my standby/mute, but I was having some memory issues and upgrading actually made the memory issues better. Used to drop to 9M of memory, now I stay between 16.9M and 15.4 M constantly no matter how many applications I have running
    03-31-08 09:57 AM
    if it keeps happening, i would suggest seeing if your carrier will replace the device. it may have gone bad or something. sorry! good luck
    03-31-08 09:58 AM
    This happened to me when I installed a corrupted app.
    Find out what apps you have installed lately(...or the last one) and try deleting it.

That should fix the problem.
    sometimes programs/apps aren't written correctly or conflict with other apps you have installed.

EDIT: This also happened to me when I copied about 200mb of photos from my computer onto my media card.
    Something in those files didn't go to well with my berry. Once I deleted that picture folder everything went back go good.

Dm
    03-31-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD