My verizon 8130 won't keep any text messages, call logs, it's not pulling up caller id (even when I have good reception, if I miss a call it will just show a missed call message but no info as to who it was. I've looked in my settings to make sure everything was setup correctly and the auto delete is set for 30 days. Any help/advice is appreciated!
    08-28-08 10:14 AM
    08-28-08 10:16 AM
    You still need to clear the cache in your browser. Go to your browser click on your menu the select options then go to cache operations... clear content cache,cookies... etc... this clears the history and frees up more room... this was told to me by one of the techs from alltel. After I did it I wasnt losing anything like I had before ))) I clear it once a week.

PS... also he said if you have it set to auto delete, it deletes EVERYTHING.. even saved msg's

hope this helps
    08-28-08 10:36 AM
    You still need to clear the cache in your browser. Go to your browser click on your menu the select options then go to cache operations... clear content cache,cookies... etc... this clears the history and frees up more room... this was told to me by one of the techs from alltel. After I did it I wasnt losing anything like I had before ))) I clear it once a week.

PS... also he said if you have it set to auto delete, it deletes EVERYTHING.. even saved msg's

hope this helps
    This is a band-aid on a gun shot! Check your file free memory options>status you need at least 12000000 bytes to run smoothly. If memory falls below 10000000, your phone will begin to delete messages logs calender entries etc. to conserve. clearing the cache WILL NOT FIX THIS! You need to free up memory.
    08-28-08 10:43 AM
    Thanks i'll give that a shot.
    08-28-08 10:48 AM
    This is a band-aid on a gun shot! Check your file free memory options>status you need at least 12000000 bytes to run smoothly. If memory falls below 10000000, your phone will begin to delete messages logs calender entries etc. to conserve. clearing the cache WILL NOT FIX THIS! You need to free up memory.

hope this helps
    Pltaylor is right. Plus, what you mentioned here is already in the guide that pltaylor provided. If the OP follows the entire guide, he'll be ok. And I don't know if I'd be relying on an Alltel tech, especially since you have this wonderful site!
    08-28-08 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD