Well as you all may know, i have a pearl 8130 and a 8830 W.E. The trackball on the 8830 is very smooth and the ball on the pearl has some slight grit feel to it. Well.... today i decided to switch trackballs and see whats up!

First off a 8830 tb will work in a pearl/vice versa, and second with the smooth tb in the pearl, it still had the slight grit feel to it and my 8830was very smooth. So i think its the the part of the phone where the tb sits, not the actual tb. Just a little experiment for ya guys
    discuss.........
    02-16-08 01:32 PM
    I've taken both apart and never noticed any differences, maybe I'll take them apart again at work and see what I can find.
    02-16-08 01:54 PM
    Thats funny...i took a tb out of my friends old tmobile pearl and put it in my 8130 and its smooth as **** now. Complete night and day difference. My friend just ordered 1 off ebay..when he gets it i'll post the results.
    02-18-08 10:05 AM
    I was curious about this as well. The other BBs I played with had smoother trackballs than the pearl on display. I assumed it was a problem with the display model but mine has the same grit feel to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-08 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD