I have had the phone for about 3 months. No drops, no bangs, no water etc but my phone resets randomly. Sometimes if you set it down to hard it resets (on a table still gentle). Today it was on the charger and it wont even charge the battery. Icall vzw they say the will send me a new shell without a battery. I feel that the battery may be just as big a part of the problem. They are telling me that if they get my old phone back and it boots with a battery replacement than I am getting charged for it. It is a random reset with no way to replicate. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I just go to a store and try the battery first?
    01-21-09 12:25 PM
    I have had the phone for about 3 months. No drops, no bangs, no water etc but my phone resets randomly. Sometimes if you set it down to hard it resets (on a table still gentle). Today it was on the charger and it wont even charge the battery. Icall vzw they say the will send me a new shell without a battery. I feel that the battery may be just as big a part of the problem. They are telling me that if they get my old phone back and it boots with a battery replacement than I am getting charged for it. It is a random reset with no way to replicate. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I just go to a store and try the battery first?
    It doesn't sound like a battery issue. Sounds like there's a short in the device. You can still buy a new battery to try it out...never hurts to have more than one battery.
    01-21-09 12:27 PM
    I just dont want vzw to bill me for the new handset at full price for a 3 month old phone that reboots. I just get nervous. It very well may boot when the new battery is put in, from then it is random on how long it will take to reset. It ranges from 1 hour to 1 day or more sometimes. It just has to be moved the right way and I have not been able to replicate it 100%.
    01-21-09 12:31 PM
    Beacause you're physically moving the device and it resets, that leads me to believe it's a short. Did you purchase an extended warranty with your device?
    01-21-09 12:35 PM
    I have only had it for 3 months, I also bought the monthly service in regards to my phone as well through verizon. The reps were very insistent that they will try to prove that my phone is broke. I am just concerned since it doesnt happen everytime you move it, just randomly in my pocket or if you set it down.
    01-21-09 12:40 PM
    This is thanks to the storm people returning there phone for every little thing - other people now suffer or get skrewed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 12:48 PM
    I cant afford the full price lol and I certainly dont think its my fault. Especially since I have been working with the online ppl via email for 2 weeks. I have updated the firmware and did a hard reset 3 or 4 times prior to the battery/phone just completely dying.
    01-21-09 12:55 PM
    I had a similar prob with my pearl....spuratic re boots. Had 4 replacements no questions. Finally had enough and got storm. They should warranty regardless.

JMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 01:07 PM
    This is BS, I agree with D and Bob on this one. Sounds like the phone has a short, and if it's no fault of your own (you can definitely prove that there's no water damage), they should be willing to replace it. If they don't, ask to speak to a Supervisor. I was going to go the insurance route but I don't think you should have to file an insurance claim for this situation either.
    01-21-09 01:10 PM
    This is BS, I agree with D and Bob on this one. Sounds like the phone has a short, and if it's no fault of your own (you can definitely prove that there's no water damage), they should be willing to replace it. If they don't, ask to speak to a Supervisor. I was going to go the insurance route but I don't think you should have to file an insurance claim for this situation either.
    Good point LDubs. I'd be POed if they didn't replace it (without the insurance). Good luck.
    01-21-09 01:13 PM
    Ouch! That sux! My pearl reset once or twice maybe, but I've dropped it too many times 2 count and even spilled a beer on it! LOL Luckily it still works like a champ! Good luck gettin yours replaced tho, they shd def hook ya up with a new one!
    01-21-09 01:25 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I hope they do as well. Bad thing is they wont send me a battery and I am lucky enough to have to go to a friggin store on my own time to have it replaced. I really want the storm but I cant afford it yet lol plus this is fairly new to me anyway.
    01-21-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD