Hi fellow CBers!

I'm trying to transfer my Pearl address book to my new Magellan Maestro 4040 and am running into a snag.

I pair the devices up and they connect and then I select transfer address book from my BB. Then I get "Unable to locate Object Push Server..."

It's a VZW phone so I'm thinking I may be S.O.L but I'm willing to get it a shot anyway. Searching on CB has turned up one post and it was with a car. There also looked like there was never a follow up on if it worked from that post. So here we are.

So can this be done on my VZW Pearl? And if so can you offer any advice on what I need to do to get er done? (Sorry, the Okie in me comes out from time to time)

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
    09-16-08 09:54 PM
    Ahh this did post. I was getting a database error when I posted.

Any ideas guys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 11:25 AM
    I have the same situation with my BB 8100 and Maestro 4250. Anyone?
    09-26-08 01:23 PM
    This is for car devices but it could work for you guys...

I had this problem on my own (I have a car with Bluetooth -Mercedes W204- and a BB 8820) and I was struggling with this for several months. I look everywhere on the internet with no answers and I found a lot of people with the same problem. However.... I think I FINALLY HAVE THE SOLUTION:

Here we go:

- On a bluetooth connection you have, basically, two components.
    - You have the BB device and the car device.

The key is that the car that is able to receive address book transfers has TWO services:

1) hands free unit
    2) Objects Push

The thing is that this TWO services cannot work together AT THE SAME TIME.

Normally, you have the car device activated as a "hands free unit", SO, when you attempt to transfer the address book, you receive the famous message "unable to locate object push server".

The one million dollar question is "how can you switch to "Objects push" mode ? Answer: go to Bluetooth, select your car device, open Options and press for "update list of services" and.... voil�!!! the description "hands free unit" will change to "objects push". At that time you will be able to transfer contacts (obviously setting your car device -in my case- to receive those contacts).

Be careful: once you finalized the transfer, you must deactive the car device for receiving contacts and, on your BB, update again the list of services to get your "hands free unit" again because, if not, you were possible will be having problems on connecting over the bluetooth (another common problem I saw in several posts).

And that�s it. It worked for me so, pleae try it and Enjoy!! By the way, you don�t need to update your OS....

Cheers from Argentina.

Diego
    01-28-09 11:52 AM
    WOW!

Thanks Diego. I will give that a go over the weekend.

Thanks very much!
    01-28-09 09:54 PM
    Did this work for you?

Edit: Actually this did work for me. Incredible!
    Last edited by wbierman; 03-26-09 at 11:46 PM.
    03-26-09 11:07 PM
    Hi,
    I just bought a Toyota Highlander with BlueTooth. It pairs fine but I cannot transfor my address book. I read the threads and went to blue tooth but cannot see my car device, just my hands free device. I dont know how to get to my car device and cannot see the "update list of services"? How do I get to this option of "update list of services". I don't see it on my BB? Help...
    10-17-09 08:46 PM
    Creg, this is a post I found on the Audi Forums, posted by a genius named Yolanda. This should solve your problems; although I have not had the chance to try it myself (waiting for my A4 to be serviced at the dealer), there were numerous replies from others and this was successful. Looks like it comes down to a clogged call-log memory in numerous BBs that results in the object push server error. It's worth a shot anyway!

07-22-2009 01:15 AM

I have posted this on several forums now. I solved the mistery!!!! I have 2009 A4 Audi and BB 8310. Initially the devices paired beautifully and thereafter, about two weeks, the phonebook no longer transfered to the car. This is what you should do:

Go to call log

Delete all entries

Do this once a week and you should be fine;

In addition

Go to device options - security options, memory cleaning and clear memory from time to time

It seems as if the BB keeps significant records/history on the phone, and over time the memory gets clogged up, causing the phonebook not to transfer to the car. Since I have been clearing the call log history, i no longer have problems

Hope this helps!!!
    11-06-09 10:07 AM
    I tried all recommended steps including the last steps in clearing call log and memory clearing but still can't transfer the address book. I still get same error message
    12-03-09 10:42 PM
    Cant believe this worked. Have been driving myself crazy! Phone book worked for a few days then gone! Clearing the phone log did the trick. Thank you
    02-20-10 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD