Hi, a new BB user here. Just picked up a pearl a week or two ago through verizon. Im using v4.3.0.60 OS that came with the phone through verizon. I love it but have a weird issue and wanted to know if anyone else has it or had it and fixed it.. When I hit and hold the send key to pull up my contacts the ABC icon pops up overtop of my Signal Strength Icon (.:| 1XEV)
    When I close the contacts the ABC icon stays on there even at the home screen. The only way I can get it off is if I go back into contacts and hit the back button then hit a number key in the call log and close out after that. Then its toggled off.. Has anyone had this issue or do you need more info? Im using v4.3.0.60 OS that came with the phone through verizon..
    01-22-08 01:31 PM
    Just tried to duplicate your issue with no luck, but then again I'm using OS ver. .81. Usually the ABC icon signals you have multi-tap set as your input method instead of suretype.
    01-22-08 01:37 PM
    I turned off multi-tap and that stopped the issue.. However I dont want to use Suretype I'm old school and prefer multi-tap typing.. Anyone else wanna see if they have the same issue?
    01-22-08 01:48 PM
    Glad it worked.
    Read thru this... it might change your mind!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new-8130-owner-15663/
    01-22-08 01:51 PM
    It actually didnt fix the issue.. I already had a work around to get the ABC off the screen by doing what i stated above. The main question is if anyone else has the issue or has had it and if so is there a permanent fix or should I hard reset the device or try an OS reload? Thanks for your help though. =D
    Last edited by prauch2k; 01-22-08 at 02:00 PM.
    01-22-08 01:55 PM
    wow ive been meaning to ask this too! Yea i have the same problem. In fact im on my 2nd pearl in 3 weeks and both phones did it so i guess its normal
    01-22-08 02:48 PM
    Hmm maybe someone can try it on a different OS (we have v4.3.0.60) to see if it happens there too.. Have multi-tap enabled and hold the send key to get into your contacts. Then exit contacts and see if the ABC (multi-tap indicator) stays on in your home screen.
    01-22-08 02:53 PM
    anyone with a different OS willing to try this please?
    01-23-08 08:31 AM
    I had this happen to me twice....I just did a battery pull. Thats pretty much my solution to everything now.
    01-23-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD