Any idea when we can expect a software update for the Sprint 8130. This thing has way too much bugs (just read this board) and at least once I day I have to pull the battery to unfreeze it. I want to like this device but its getting more frustrating to deal with. I'm still under the 30 day grace and if there is no forth coming update I am wondering if I am better off with a Sprint Palm or Windows device-can they be any worse than this? I'm just wondering....
    Thanks
    12-07-07 02:36 PM
    Yes jaman71. I too want to like this device, but I have continual network problems (that is it drops the 1XEV signal several times a day)!
    I'd be interested in a software upgrade... or perhaps a different BB device from Sprint.
    12-07-07 03:04 PM
    Make sure you tell Sprint your problems and concerns before you 30days cause you can get out of your contract after the 30 days if the problems are noted on your account.
    12-08-07 12:31 PM
    Just curious what problems are you having? I am having some issues too.

Memory Leaks
    No MMS
    slow to respond at times
    12-08-07 12:32 PM
    No MMS (although I'm told this is typical of all Sprint products unless the device is setup with Sprint Pictures).
    Memory Leaks (and device needs to be restarted).
    And most of all, random dropping of wireless signal. When it drops everything on the device works except anything that needs the signal (so no phone, web, email, etc). This typically happens when surfing the web or any other network intensive use (SprintTV included).
    I first noticed it when the RIM Yahoo Messenger client continued to drop my connection.

Quick fix is to turn off wireless signal or remove battery to reboot.
    12-08-07 01:56 PM
    Definitely call sprint (sorry about the 45 min wait) and tell them what's shakin. Maybe there is one on the way or maybe they don't know about the issue. My only other advice probably not too helpful, is consider switching providers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-07 02:02 PM
    Where do you live? I'm here in Virginia and other then a few drop calls, like all my other Sprint phones, this phone has been very solid with no problems at all in over 2 weeks. The more I use it, the less I use my 755p cause it reboots on me at least once a day.
    12-08-07 04:06 PM
    I was having a few issues as well and someone told me to reformat my mem card. I did it and it solved a lot of my problems accept the mem leak. I went and deleted some extras like the extra languages and brickbreaker and that has helped. plus I go into my browser a couple times a week and delete the cache!
    12-08-07 04:36 PM
    Just to let you guys know there is an update.
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.3.0.137 (Multilanguage)

I would post the link, but for some reason I'm not able.
    12-08-07 11:43 PM
    That's the version that came on my pearl when i got it.
    12-09-07 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD