Anytime I try and email someone from my phone that is on hotmail I will type in their [email protected] types the first 3 letters fine but as soon as I get to them M it changes the H to a G so it will be [email protected]. So as soon as I get to the M, I have to backspace 3 times and then start typing Hotmail over again and then it works.

I have added Hotmail to my custom word list, Updated to latest firmware, Spoke with Telus AND Blackberry and none of them know. Gotmail is also NOT in the custom dictionary.

Anyone here have any ideas how to stop my phone from wanting to email @gotmail.com and how I can have it say "H"OTMAIL the FIRST time without having to backspace? I am also not willing to use multi tap...This has to stay on sure type.
    12-02-09 10:55 AM
    How about making an autotext, say hm as the replace, and @hotmail.com as the with. Otherwise, you can do as I just did, and type hot, press the trackball, and then type mail.

WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 07:26 PM
    OK I got it to work in memo pad and in the message area for email but still no luck when trying to write hotmail in the "To:" field. Still wants the send to address to be gotmail.
    12-03-09 02:27 PM
    Whatever **** on this stupid phone. Pearls are the biggest piece of **** phone ever made. Had I known it would be like this I would have kept my LG Keybo. Time to upgrade to a curve I think since multitap and suretype will make no difference since it has a full keypad. Pearls should all be thrown in a pit of fire.
    12-04-09 01:04 PM
    Pi$$ on this stupid phone. Pearls are the biggest piece of sh!t phone ever made.
    12-04-09 01:05 PM
    Sorry you feel that way, and I checked, autotext doesn't work on the to line. It will work on the memo pad which you can then paste to the to line, or you could have the contact in your addy, and it will pull it from there. The device is great, been using it very successfully for almost two years now, you just have to learn how to better. Cussing like a high school brat isn't going to win you any friends either.

Au Revoir My Widdle Pearl
    It's Our Last Day Together
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 01:12 PM
    I wasn't exactly out to make new friends and will admit that yes I have a super short temper with non working electronics. I'm trying to get this phone to type the way I want it to and not the way IT wants to type but now that I know it is not possible with the TO: field I'm just gonna give up now. Thanks for the response and actually letting me know it is not possible with this phone. Time to ditch it for a curve with a full keypad.
    12-04-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD