My e-mail was working well until about 5 days ago. Since then, the 8130 doesn't receive new messages. (BES with our company's e-mail server and all that jazz).

1.) I did the "Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Register Now". Doing this, I immediately receive a new message that says "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."

But e-mail still doesn't come through.

2.) IT resent the service books, but this did nothing. And the phone never received notification of the books being resent.

3.) I tried to re-activate the e-mail account. (I am definitely using the correct username, activation password, etc...). The Blackberry just says:

"[email protected]
    Activating...."

It does this for about 30 minutes and eventually it ends.
    08-06-08 05:26 PM
    I'm not expert on this at all, so if this doesnt work then im sorry! ahaha

I've had problems with my email accounts too, but not with BES, with hotmail
    I read through some forums on here and found that you should have about 12,000,000 bytes (12MB) of free'd device memory on your BB to let it function properly. To check this just go OPTIONS > STATUS ...
    If "files free" is below 12,000,000 Bytes i'd remove un-needed applications, emails, SMS, ect... Also, if you have pictures & videos stored on your Device Memory you might want to get a SD card to store them on, it frees up device memory too.

heres a link to help you if you need to free up more space... if thats even your problem!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

good luck!!
    08-07-08 10:22 AM
    Also don't forget to do battery pulls, or get soft reset. You might try the battery pull just to see if it fixes your problem. If it does, then you definately are having memory problems and need to go through stoner's guide to freeing up memory. The battery pull is only a temp fix.
    08-07-08 11:03 AM
    Yes,Pull the battery out while the phone is turned on. Leave it out at least 1 minute. Put it back.
    08-07-08 12:24 PM
    I just upgraded my 8130 to OS 4.5 and the same thing is happening. Resent the service books, deleted and then added my email address. Nothing.
    08-07-08 12:43 PM
    I went through several rounds of tech support with both Sprint and then our BES tech support people. Pulling the battery while off, while on, under a full moon while my favorite sibling ate a clove of garlic, wiping the phone, etc...

Sprint had offered to provide a new phone after the second call. So, after a final round with our BES tech, I called Sprint.

The operator refused to give me a new phone, and she started poking around and discovered the problem was on Sprint's end. She changed a setting, and viola - the phone is working perfect.

Too bad the first or second tech didn't catch that, because it would have saved me 4 hours of tech support.
    08-08-08 11:16 AM
    Call cs and they should be able to get it back up and running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 10:27 PM
    I recently had this same problem. It took me about 5 different calls, but I found out that with free email services only gmail and yahoo can sync for real time updating. I had an msn account and was experiencing the same problem and switched to gmail literally twelve hours ago and everything is good again. I don't know if it will work for you or not but it's worth a try.
    08-08-08 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD