This is the second time in less than a week I had to take the battery out of the 8130 (Verizon) in order to open the address book. When clicking on it, it does not respond. The other icons work. I have this phone since Friday. Any ideas of what the issue can be?
    Thanks
    Richard Venneman
    3190AC83
    04-15-08 07:31 AM
    Same issue on Verizon 8830. As I'm typing this I removed the battery to see if this works - it worked. Not exactly a thrilling development though.
    04-25-08 06:37 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

How much free memory do you have? Goto Options, Status. If you have less than about 15Mb free in the File Free field (my 8100 currently has a little over 30Mb free) this may be the problem.

Some carriers load their phones with 'extras' and these may need to be deleted using Dexptop Manager's Application Loader.

Find out what you have and come back here. Help is at hand.
    Last edited by Pete6; 04-25-08 at 03:24 PM.
    04-25-08 09:28 AM
    Actually, your BB can get down to 10MB (not 15) and it still should function normally. As a Mac user, I cannot remove many of the apps that PC users can and my free space is normally hovering around 14 MB. When it gets under 10MB, that's when I start to see slow-down, freezing, etc. and need the battery pull.
    04-25-08 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD