So, I have my pearl 8120, I have a 2GB SD Memory Card. I have my connection (USB), I have my music library. However I DO NOT like the music player that's built into my pearl. Is there another one I can download? What can you recommend me? Free or quite cheap (good value!) Please....
    02-26-09 05:14 AM
    Have you tried experimenting with different headphones as this can make a difference. I have an 8320 and the native media player combined with the bundled headphones sounds as good as my Creative Zen. However, when my first set of Blackberry headphones broke I bought a pair of expensive noise cancelling headphones and the sound quality was pretty dire, so I changed back when my phone supplier managed to track me down a bundled set.
    02-26-09 05:32 AM
    why dont you like the one that comes with the BB? At first I did not like it either, but that was because i was used to the ipod, but once I got used to it with my 4GB SD card, its all good, easy to navigate .
    02-26-09 07:14 AM
    the crackberry store sells quite a few titles of software for your needs:

Entertainment - Music BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

i tried flipside, it wasn't that great, i ended up uninstalling it. i use the media player that came with the phone...
    02-26-09 09:24 AM
    if your using the Music player on any OS prior to OS4.5 the music player sucks.

Upgrade your OS to 4.5 for a better music player with better options and playability
    02-26-09 12:31 PM
    Even with 4.5, if you are in any way serious about sound quality
    you'd be better off investing in a standalone device for music.
    Honestly, the BlackBerry, every BlackBerry, blows as a
    multimedia device.
    02-26-09 12:59 PM
    I use the BB player while I'm in the car and the sound is fantastic.
    When it plays from the speakers, it isn't the best quality, but with headphones or in any aux input, to me it sounds great.

I was kinda bummed when I had to sell my ipod touch, but I got use to the player and now I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:11 PM
    I wouldn't say it blows. Are there better ones out there? Most definatly. Does the blackberry media player suck? Nope it works quite well to just play music. What more do u nee? FF RR play and pause with some audio adjustments. Works just fine for me. And I only have to carry one device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:37 PM
    I've got an iPod but sometimes (because I can be lazy/forgetful) it dies and I don't charge it so I use my BB as a backup media player so my bus journeys dont completely suck!
    02-26-09 02:22 PM
    the audio could be better, as could the interface. my brother decided to make a franken-ipod with my mini and his, so i've had to give up on other music devices as of late.

overall, the audio on the blackberry is okay... if it were louder that would be awesome. i don't care to hear conversation over my music on the subway...
    02-26-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD