I was dreaming, a giant Owl landed on my head, I threw it off, but found that the pillow I was sleeping on was not an Owl, and when I awoke the flying pillow had spilled my water on my phone next to the bed. Quickly dried it off, battery pull, hair dryer running in the middle of the night.

The phone works except for the select option when using the ball, can this be fixed? and how?
    the ball is fine and when I remove the ball I can push on the button under it to select, but together no go.

Ok so long story short, Don't keep water next to your bed.

thanks in advance.
    01-17-09 11:10 AM
    Since no one has said this yet bag of dry rice trick. Fill a ziplock with rice incert BB wait 24 hours see if it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 03:07 AM
    I had this problem once, I just took the trackball out very carefully, blew into the open area and stuck the trackball back in, booted the BB up and it worked.... you could try just leaving it without the trackball in it for a while so that it can dry out.
    01-18-09 10:48 AM
    I agree with mom24, the rice should suck out the moisture.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 11:20 AM
    OK the moisture is gone, but the "Select " feature on the ball still not working.

I found and online repair for this at $59.99

BBrepairshop.com - BlackBerry Repair Services for BlackBerry 8100, 8120, 8130 Pearl
    01-19-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD