I just upgraded from an 8100 to the 8120 this weekend and I cannot get my Outlook calendar to synch. It worked fine on my 8100. I have Windows Vista and DM 4.3. I have configured the synch to connect to my Outlook but it just skips over the calendar during the synch. Tasks, Address Book and Contacts are working just fine. Anyone have any suggestions?
    04-21-08 11:17 AM
    Found a solution to my problem over at BlackBerryForums and thought I would share it. I can't post the URL because of being a newbie so I copied out the relevant post.

Originally Posted by Doughboy
    Calendar Sycn Fix

posted this elseware before and think it may help you also:

I have the 8130 which comes with 4.3 OS and use it on the VZW BIS for personal emails and such. I sync with my laptop for my work calendar and contacts though (Lotus Notes version 7 but calendar app does not matter). After a week of using the BB I added a some calendar entries into Lotus and then sync'ed the BB to get them on there but nothing sync'ed on the calendar. Dismayed I check all my settings and even reset DM sync settings and readded. Nothing worked. I contacted VZW but since the 8130 is so new they don't know much about it so I was transfered to RIM.

After more than an hour of trying different things and never getting the calendar to sync (everything else does fine) we found that with the 4.3 OS it creates a calendar service book for each BIS email address (we know that, it has a multiple calendar thing) but that it does not create a default calendar for DM syncing. Since no default calendar is created there is nothing for the DM to sync with.

The fix was to go into the service books and delete all the CICAL service books for each email address. There is one per address. After doing that we reset and readded the sync configuration in DM. On the next sync it creates the default calendar and it will now sync with DM.

My recommendation is to get rid of the calendar for each email address. Why would I want to have appt's on 4 different calendars? I have enough trouble doing everything in my one calendar!

But anyways, if you have the same issue that is the fix and if you resend the service books to your BB then you must again delete the CICAL service books for each email address so that sync works. RIM is aware of this issue and are tring to find a fix but this was their work around for now.
    04-21-08 03:42 PM
    How do you go into the service books and delete all the CICAL service books for each email address? JIm
    05-03-08 10:02 AM
    Go to the Options icon and then go the Advanced Options - Service Books. You will see all the different service books, find the CICAL (not the CMIME) service books for each calendar and select the menu key and select Delete.
    05-03-08 02:50 PM
    There are no CICAL service book entries when I look under Advanced Options. The sync process skips right over Calendar - no activity at all. Can anyone help?
    05-05-08 05:56 PM
    Thanks for the info!!! This seemed to have solved my sync calendar issue. Thanks!
    08-26-08 10:25 PM
    Looks like the Cical delete will work..ONE WORD OF WARNING DO NOT REMOVE THE CIMME(as I did) you will loose your email account for each cimme file deleted?? Not sure yet.KUDOS my BB friend I believe you found it,, Need to post in other areas..May I do so I ran across others with the same issue in Blogs and Posts?
    05-12-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD