Hello CrackBerry community,

This is my very first post and I have been trying to fix my 507 for almost two weeks now. I've browsed every "how to recover..." video on YouTube, Ive read possibly everything it seems on many forums including CrackBerry and I still can't seem to fix my Pearl 8120(t-mobile). I've tried every OS (for my phone) and DM combination for my; tried it on both a laptop and a PC on xp, vista, and windows 7. I used JL_CMDER and Crackmem and followed every instruction I could get my hands on.

My question is... Whenever I pop the battery in the 8120, the phone automatically boots up, and during loader(device initialization) it interupts the usb connection with the computer. So what can I do?

ps. I had a glimpse of hope a few days ago when I popped in the battery during loader and showed the big charging battery symbol and it actually connected with my phone, but gave me the "Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]" and some how after that error the green light started to blink and it booted to a list of applications(no icon) on a white background. None of those applications were working, but it gave me hope.
    05-14-10 02:07 AM
    Sounds like you popped the battery out while updating your os.
    To fix it just open up BBSAK and hit wipe device, then load os.
    It should find whatever os you have installed. (Also make sure you have the most recent version of desktop manager installed)
    Then click next through everything until you come to the spot that let's you check off boxes. Check off everything and hit next again.
    Now this is highly important.
    When your device loads up for the first time unplug it from the computer and wait. It can sometimes take an hour for the first boot up.

My guess is you thought it was stuck or broke and pulled the battery out last time.
    So just re do everything and DO NOT pull the battery out, no matter what. once its all started up and working you can pull the battery like usual, just not during the first boot up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 08:35 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion Kyle,

I did not take out the battery prematurely, Ive been waiting all the way through until I get that "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation" error.

Is it normal for the device to automatically boot up to 507(following the hour glass) when I insert the battery? It seems like whenever i insert the battery. I lose connection with the PC

ps. I tried BBSAK and it won't connect to my device. Any other ideas? In times of desperation I will take any suggestions.
    05-14-10 01:50 PM
    I was finally able to get JL_Cmder working and after a successful wipe it would allow me to go past "device initialization" process and begin the loading process but then it would give me "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again. Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]" error.

using pearl 8120
    DM 4.3
    OS 4.5

How do I get past "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again. Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"?
    05-15-10 09:27 PM
    update:

No matter which DM i use. I get the same "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"

so far jl_cmdr helped me get past the "multistage error".

its odd that none of the DMs recognize the 4.3 OS when installed on the computer.
    05-16-10 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD