Just purchased a new Blackberry Pearl 8110. Love it. However, when I answer incoming calls, my speakerphone automatically comes on for the first few words of the conversation and then returns to normal. Which means, no matter where I am, everyone around me hears this. I do not accidentally press the speakerphone when answering the call. Can someone please tell me what is causing this and how to fix it?
    Thanks!
    05-25-08 09:18 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing, and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet either I'll Let you know if i do though.
    05-27-08 09:04 AM
    I think I fixed it, I hope it works for you. I am also a new user to this phone, so I really don't know how to use it very well yet. But one thing I noticed is, my phone would go to speakerphone just like yours for like the first four or five seconds on every single incoming call, except for when my girlfriend called me. The only thing that was different was I had a special Ring tone set for her and the rest of my contacts used my main ringtone witch was the (Ringer_ClassicPhone) ringtone. So I switched my main ringtone and it took care of the problem. It doesn't really make sense to me that a ringtone would cause this, but I'm pretty sure that is what my problem was. Please let me know if this was helpful.
    05-27-08 01:55 PM
    that fixed mine also..it was only calls from one # and it was set to classic also..thanks.
    05-27-08 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD