I have had an 8100 on ATT for almost a year. Recently, I switched to Sprint and got an 8130. The 8130 drains the battery so much faster than my old 8100. Has anyone had this problem? The only things I can think of are that the 8130 has GPS and is on Sprint's network. Not sure if ATT's GSM network is less demanding on the battery or not. Is the GPS always on?

(I have tried both the old and new batteries--no difference)

07-26-08 09:54 PM
    CDMA phones don't have as long a standby time as GSM models. It's something to do with how the different technologies transmit. The GPS on the 8130 can be turned off - menu>options>advanced options>gps>gps services - and set to location off.
    07-26-08 10:30 PM
    CDMA phones don't have as long a standby time as GSM models. It's something to do with how the different technologies transmit. The GPS on the 8130 can be turned off - menu>options>advanced options>gps>gps services - and set to location off.
    What exactly will that affect besides the navigation? Also, how much of a savings of battery life will that make?
    07-26-08 11:47 PM
    It will make a ton of help I don't use GPS but when I do by the end of the day my battery is about 35 percent and that is with almost no calls or texts and web browsing just GPS maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 12:06 AM
    Mine's fine. I only have issues when I hit a dead spot and I try to use my browser. I have Verizon and have only ran into this problem once. I needed to sit at the other end of the bar...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD