I was at work today and was text a buddy. After work, I got off and my trackball refuses to move to the right at all.. I got home and tried fixing it no dice, I tried cleaning it and still nothing. I flipped it backwards, and it gave me movement to the right but not to the left.

Does that mean my trackball is fubar or bad? or is it something else? My blackberry is close to 2 years old.

My upgrade plan is anytime now, should i just fix it up or upgrade to a newer blackberry?

Any recommendation?

thanks.
    04-09-09 03:04 AM
    Try cleaning your track wheels again. Chances are since it works some, they are just locked up with some gunk. You can always order a replacement trackball if necessary, unless you were looking for an excuse to get a new berry!
    04-09-09 04:24 AM
    If you have tried cleaning the trackball and that still hasn't worked your best bet is going to be to order a new trackball.
    04-09-09 10:55 AM
    I was at work today and was text a buddy. After work, I got off and my trackball refuses to move to the right at all.. I got home and tried fixing it no dice, I tried cleaning it and still nothing. I flipped it backwards, and it gave me movement to the right but not to the left.

Does that mean my trackball is fubar or bad? or is it something else? My blackberry is close to 2 years old.

My upgrade plan is anytime now, should i just fix it up or upgrade to a newer blackberry?

Any recommendation?

thanks.
    Take the track ball out of the phone, -remove the chrome ring via tweezers- then take the track ball out. - use rubbing alcohol to clean the ball and housing out, let it dry and put it back together. if that doesnt work use the crackberry store and buy a new ball.
    04-09-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD