Hello Everyone.
    Today a friend gave me her blackberry pearl 8100 so updated it with the latest OS.
    But theres a problem.
    When I connect the bb to the pc normally in the bb screen you see the charging conector next to the battery, well this happens for about 3 seconds and thats all, the icon dissapears, I have tried with 3 different USB cables and nothing changes, it kepts doing the same thing. But when connected to the wall charger the charging icon doesnt dissapears.
    In the 3 seconds that it shows the icon on the bb screen it never gets recognice by the pc.
    I have tried without battery and noting happens.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
    09-30-09 09:32 PM
    Usually when that is happening, you need to use a rear USB. They can on many PC's be a different level of port, providing a lot more power. What version of OS is the PC running?
    10-01-09 06:01 AM
    I have tried using all the rear USB's on the pc.
    I'm currently running windows XP sp2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 07:45 AM
    ^^^^bump!!!
    10-02-09 02:54 PM
    My suggestion would be to try connecting the phone to another computer if possible. I find that this occurs due to improper current being available to the USB port. Blackberries seem to be a little picky when it comes to current demand.

My laptop allows me to leave one USB port powered. When the laptop is on, I can charge my phone just fine. When I put the laptop to sleep, I get the charge indicator for about 2 seconds and that's it.

Moral of the story: might be your USB port.
    10-02-09 05:38 PM
    My suggestion would be to try connecting the phone to another computer if possible. I find that this occurs due to improper current being available to the USB port. Blackberries seem to be a little picky when it comes to current demand.

My laptop allows me to leave one USB port powered. When the laptop is on, I can charge my phone just fine. When I put the laptop to sleep, I get the charge indicator for about 2 seconds and that's it.

Moral of the story: might be your USB port.
    I tried with another computer and nothing worked.
    I though that the USB ports could be dead but they aren't because I tried with another BB and it worked perfectly.
    I don't have an idea of whats happening.
    Its very weird because when I connect it to the pc it shows the charging icon for about 2 seconds and then disappear but the pc never recognizes it.
    I've tried connecting it without battery and nothing happens.
    I've tried clicking on desktop manager connection options to see if it appears an it only shows USB and NONE with the BB connected.
    10-02-09 06:26 PM
    Read through my wipe section, and check your port settings.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/
    10-03-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD