I just updated to the 4.5 os and I love it but when I put the media card back in and when I go to my pictures it shut off and restarts. I have a lot off pictures and Ringtones on that card and don't want to lose them. How do I solve this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 10:19 PM
    If you go to options>media card>Media card support is it on?
    04-24-09 10:24 PM
    Welcome to CB. You will probably need to reformat your media card.
    04-24-09 11:18 PM
    I thought reformating the card will delete every thing on the card. Also thanks for resonding most other boards I am on they never responsed to a new members.

04-25-09 12:58 AM
    Well your welcome and this isn't other forums. We try our best to help anyone that needs it here...
    04-25-09 01:01 AM
    Unfortunately you will lose anything on the card. If you can, if you have a card reader, you could use it to connect the card to your PC and copy the contents before you reformat.
    04-25-09 01:10 AM
    I guess I will have to get everything off the card before I do that. That sucks but I still love the new os thanks for the help.

04-25-09 06:51 AM
    No problem good luck!
    04-25-09 09:19 AM
    get an sd card adapter if you do not already have one. Looks like this

Then just create a new folder on your desktop, and drop all your files into it.

Reformat the card, then stick it back into your bb. Then use the BB desktop manager to move all of your files back onto the card. Easiest way to do it with gauranteed results.
    04-25-09 09:49 AM
    I have a adapter and I might try that but I reformatted the card after moving everything onto another phone then put it back on the card and now I can see the Ringtones but they don't want to play. Any suggestions? I have emailed the site I got them from to see if they will resend them.

04-25-09 11:17 AM
    Check out this thread, it contains all of the media formats currently accepted by the 8100.

8100 Media Formats

You maybe trying to play them in the wrong format???? Where are you downloading them from?
    04-25-09 12:56 PM
    No they played before on the 4.2 os but after the upgrade they don't.

04-25-09 01:13 PM
    No they played before on the 4.2 os but after the upgrade they don't.

Ah, I see. Then I'd stick em to the comp, reformat the card, then use BBDM to redownload them to the phone with the memory card back in it.

P.S. Did you leave the card in the phone when you updated it to the new software? We've been told that completely kills the card. Somebody in my company updated a customer's 8330 and left the card in, it killed his card and we had to replace his 8GB memory card with a new one.
    04-25-09 03:44 PM
    No I didn't leave the card in. I did back it up on my computer at work so I will see if it works.

04-25-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD