Well my 8100 recently keeps losing signal. After an hour or two it just seems to lose signal so I have to restart the phone. I even tried a battery pull but i don't know how to fix it. It's OS is currently 4.2.0.67 which is old I know. Suggestions would help
    thanks
    06-28-09 11:42 PM
    Is this a recent occurrence? What is your signal strength in dBm when it is working? Have you checked with T-Mo to see if they've had any coverage issues lately? Has your Pearl been dropped or taken apart recently and the antenna damaged?
    06-29-09 04:50 AM
    I dropped it like ages ago which was like two months ago but this is a recent occurence. When its working its around -80dBm. This is on Optus Australia btw.
    06-29-09 06:08 AM
    If it's holding steady at that level I'd have to suspect a hardware issue, but check with Optus to be sure there's no intermittent coverage problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 06:13 AM
    hardware issue as in OS? or as in antenna issue?
    06-29-09 08:33 PM
    The OS is the Operating System, ie software. The hardware issue could be the antenna itself, or some circuitry flaw on the board causing it.
    06-29-09 08:38 PM
    You're gonna have to get it replaced cause no matter what you try, it's still going to happen. I had this same issue and myself, nor TMO's tech support, couldn't figure out how to fix it. So they ended up giving me a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD