Hi all.

I had an 8100, worked great, loved it...

it died, at&t replaced it under warranty.

Now, i want to freakin SMASH this one they gave me.
    no matter what i do, when i recieve an email at my yahoo account, i get it on my phone and email in box, but NOW if i delete it from the phone, it no longer gives me an option of deleting it from the mailbox and device, it just gives me a delete and cancel button....

which means when i delete all my emails in my phone, they are still piled up in my yahoo inbox. when i go to "email reconciliation" it gives me no options.

please tell me what i am doing wrong, before i throw this pearl into my Blendtec blender to see "will it blend"?

AAAAAAAARRRGGGH!!
    06-22-08 12:58 PM
    I'm having this same exact problem. Same phone even.
    06-23-08 12:59 PM
    Hey, I already found the solution after a few extra minutes of searching... Go into the file it created for your email account. From there hit the menu button.
    Menu>Options>Email Reconciliation
    The first option is "Delete on:" switch that to prompt. Problem solved.
    06-23-08 01:05 PM
    Hey, I already found the solution after a few extra minutes of searching... Go into the file it created for your email account. From there hit the menu button.
    Exactly what I would have suggested.
    06-23-08 01:07 PM
    From your email inbox hit menu key and select options then select email reconciliation and set the delete on option to 'prompt'.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 01:12 PM
    Haha, it's good to know my search was faster than the two suggestions! The search feature is always great (when people use them). The first thread I found was this one (it was the newest) so I bumped it up and kept searching.
    06-23-08 01:15 PM
    Unfortunately, youll see i said that there is NO OPTIONS available in email reconciliation. this is exactly what i thought i was supposed to do, but the phone will not make it "available"... when i go to email reconciliation, the screen is just completely blank.
    06-25-08 10:30 AM
    never had this problem with that blackberry or any other for a matter of fact.
    06-25-08 10:41 AM
    Unfortunately, youll see i said that there is NO OPTIONS available in email reconciliation. this is exactly what i thought i was supposed to do, but the phone will not make it "available"... when i go to email reconciliation, the screen is just completely blank.
    Before going to email reconciliation go to general options and make sure confirm delete is set to yes. save the setting and go back to email reconciliation, then you should be able choose between handheld, mailbox & handheld or prompt.

If this doesn't work you may need to try a few other items, upgrade os to 4.2, battery pull and have your service books resent.
    06-25-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD