So yesterday my phone's battery died unfortunately. Whatever, it happens from time to time. So I charged my phone, and tried to use it. Now, my phone is all f**ked up and crazy! Whenever I want to push a button, it thinks I am using the trackball and moves around. Sometimes moving the trackball is like pushing a button! Then, out of nowhere is shows an hourglass and freezes, like it's thinking about what kind of key command I just gave it. It's all messed up on key commands and does whatever it wants regardless of what button I push. The blackberry menu button locks the phone. The return/go back button calls people like the phone button. What is going on? It seems like it does whatever the **** it wants, when it wants. I finally got to sms and tried to type a message; I touch one key and it puts in the letter and sends it all just by typing it, like I hit send by pushing 'i'! I have friends replying to me asking me why I send them one letter texts and I can't even call or text back to tell them my phones gone crazy. HELP!
    03-20-10 09:05 AM
    With the phone on, take the battery out, wait a few seconds, then put it back. When the phone reboots, you should be fine.
    03-20-10 09:18 AM
    Done battery pulls aplenty already. Hasn't worked. I'm not running any apps, either. I just put a new OS on this 2 weeks ago, and it has been fine until now. I let the battery die and now it doesn't remember itself, apparently. There is no order to its selections at all. I don't think it's the trackball, because that doesn't explain the hourglass. ANYTHING I try to choose or click, it will either think about it for 10 seconds before doing it, or it will not click at all. Or it will finally catch up with itself, and I'll call three people and hang up on them and call them again and hang up, or something crazy like that, all in 2 seconds! How does draining a battery corrupt an OS like that? It's ridiculous.
    03-20-10 09:35 AM
    Does it mean anything if, when I am booting up, the hourglass flashes in and out towards the end? It seems like it even has trouble booting without being sluggish or not wanting to freeze.
    03-20-10 09:38 AM
    Has the phone gotten wet? What you are describing is consistent with water damage. Draining your battery should not cause any of the symptoms you're experiencing. The problem also could be an OS issue, but if the phone worked normally for two weeks, it's not likely the OS.

If the phone hasn't gotten wet, you can try reinstalling the OS.
    03-20-10 10:19 AM
    Sigh. No, no water damage. It's pathetic and random. This phone was already throwing fits trying to get the OS installed last time. Very testy and sensitive. I'll try maybe re-installing the OS, but I will go nuts if it decides to be a pain again. I hope it works! I'll also wait to see if anyone has anymore suggestions on here before I try. Thanks for your advice.
    03-20-10 10:43 AM
    If the phone was already having problems before you installed an OS, then a corrupted OS is possible. If you have a bad memory location or locations, you could have intermittent seemingly random failures. The results would be much like water damage, and likely just as incurable.
    03-20-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD