I've had my 8100 Pearl for about 3 months now, and I noticed that since I added my POP work email account, my battery does not last a full day. It seems like the service checks for emails every 5 minutes and my battery is half drained by the time lunch comes around. I have to leave it on the charger at my desk and it's on the charger again before bed until I leave for work the next day.

Can I change the setting for how often it checks for messages? My boss just got a Curve from Verizon and he has two email accounts set up as well, and his battery lasted two days before he had to charge it. This is really inconvenient especially when I have to travel for work and I'm running through airports.

Also, when I delete emails, it's set up to prompt me to delete from handheld or mailbox and handheld ONLY for my work email address. My home email account just deletes from the phone and it won't prompt me to delete from both. Does this setting only work for one email account or can it be changed to do it for all the ones I have (I have three). Sorry for all the questions - I'm still new at this!!
    09-13-08 09:18 AM
    In email settings choose each email address and set settings for each.
    See if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD